Jailbreak Developer Network -- tips, tutorials and documentation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mychaeel

The Jailbreak Developer Network provides tips, tutorials and documentation for everything relating to Jailbreak mapping and coding:
Mappers might find the following pages interesting:
For Coders, the following pages are a good start:
  • JDN: Jailbreak Add-Ons -- describes the basic idea of Jailbreak Add-Ons and how to create one
  • JDN: Classes/Jailbreak -- lists all Jailbreak core classes and links to their description and source code
  • JDN: JBAddon -- documentation for the JBAddon class, the base class for all add-ons
  • JDN: JBGameRules -- documentation for the JBGameRules class which provides hooks into fundamental Jailbreak functionality
  • JDN: JBScreen -- documentation for the JBScreen class which provides extended support for playing audio clip sequences
  • JDN: Guidelines -- guidelines for code style, such as names and formatting

If you want to make a Voice Pack, have a look at the following pages:

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
This is a very good guide. I used this to fix some massive bugs in the Jailbreak map I am working on. I just need to do the panerama view. which i haven't got around to.
Thanks for writing the guide Mych.

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
Mychaeel said:
RavuAlHemio has written up a nice tutorial on making voice packs. (I've edited the first posting to reflect that.)
Oh, and Mych, thanks for reviewing the tutorial and making it blend in with the rest... Next time I write a tutorial in the JDN, I will try to do as well as possible ;)

That means, if I ever write a tutorial again.

I guess I will, I'll just have to find a good topic ;)