Modify Webadmin

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
Hi,

I saw a few days ago a webadmin Interface where the guy was able to stop / start the server and modify the starting script through that.

So, it MUST be possible which is great as would not need to install a webserver on my server anymore.

Has somebody achieved that already and is willing to share :) ?

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
If you run a windows server then you can make a simple .bat file to auto-restart the server if it crashes or if you kill the game process through webadmin, but I don't know how it's possible to add that functionality into the actual webadmin interface itself.

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
Yeah, I know.

I use Linux though ....

What I just need is, how to stop and start a batch (.sh in linux) through simple HTML, this would do the trick ...

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
IIRC, all of the webadmin coding (including the HTTP server) is done in UnrealScript. I don't know of any UnrealScript function that allows you to execute an arbitrary file (and it would probably cause a security vulnerability as well).

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
Well .. I don't think so :*(

Well, dunno what to do, but since the first UT Server this question is asked all the time.

HOPEFULLY this will be changed in the new UT.. To get finally a good way to administrate it through that webinterface ....... INCLUDING stop / start / modify startline

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Can't you just use ssh and putty?

That's what I use and it's just as fast as using a webpage once you get used to it, ssh and midnight commander = easy as pie

Last edited:

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
Of course, that is what I am using now.. but I don't want to start teaching co-admins how to work with the linux command line ...

But maybe I just use webmin modules .. this is an idea too ...