Did you know this?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sparky

Retired Administrator
Dec 6, 1999
Australia
www.beyondunreal.com
Most people don't realise you can actually press the use button on a power node you own and use it to teleport to another node you own. I was a n00b up until 2 minutes ago when I gave ONS a really good workout.

You guys must start using this :D.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
LOL, everyone is a noob. Tons of "new" stuff just got released.

For example.... What the hell is this: RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice

There are entries for both RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice and the one with the 9 in it. DX9 features?

Why are there .int files in your system folder for maps that are not included in the demo?

Interesting that the Text to voice feature (thats disabled by default) uses windows text to speech. I guess thats one feature that doesn't work on linux/Mac.

Who knows....we are still noobs.

ShortCutMan

Dec 16, 2002
In a chair!
Visit site
I eventually saw the text that appears and started using that tactic when no vechicles were around.

And OO7MIKE, Mac has its own voice software stuff, so maybe they might be using that. :)

Loibisch

The Odd Member
Jan 3, 2000
Germany
www.carpeimperium.com
Yeah I've seen that, too...very handy. Actually if you don't set the spawn menu to "never open again" you can hcoose your spawning node after each death.

Also, the DX9 Renderer is referenced, but not included in the demo. Same goes for all those .int files for the maps.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Another thing regarding this you might not know. The node in your main base is considered your power core. Stand on top of it and hit use and you can use that to teleport to other nodes too :D

DDRRE

Flesh is a design flaw.
Feb 13, 2004
Israel
OO7MIKE said:
LOL, everyone is a noob. Tons of "new" stuff just got released.

For example.... What the hell is this: RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice

There are entries for both RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice and the one with the 9 in it. DX9 features?

Why are there .int files in your system folder for maps that are not included in the demo?

Interesting that the Text to voice feature (thats disabled by default) uses windows text to speech. I guess thats one feature that doesn't work on linux/Mac.

Who knows....we are still noobs.

D3D works, D3D9's file doesn't exist yet, I guess Atari and Epic are still building the D3D9Drv.dll

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I have another one for ya!!

The absolute fastest way to destroy a node control point is to use your primary flak fire. Get real close. Its a lot more faster than any other weapon. Make sure you get as much flak hitting that centerpoint as you can. Woo baby its quite a bit faster than other methods. Even using the tank on it.

MachDelta

Haphazard Nobody
Apr 29, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Just a comment on the nodes... you can actually shoot them (and heal them) in two places. One is the actual floating X thingy everyone goes for, and the other is the actual base that sits on the ground. Its a LOT easier to walk up point blank and fill the base full of flak than try and hit that stupid floating thingy. You can also hit the base with Flak secondary a LOT easier, and its simpler to do shock combos right overtop of it. Hell, its easier to shoot the base with anything when you're standing on of it :p

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Excellent.
I hadn't thought of that. :D

I have noticed that players are getting really good online. It no longer feels like I'm playing with a bunch of 12 year olds...... well until they use voice chat and keep saying "hello??? can anyone hear me?"

Hedge

Wish I was with her
Sep 12, 2003
out in the boonies
Visit site
OO7MIKE said:
I have another one for ya!!

The absolute fastest way to destroy a node control point is to use your primary flak fire. Get real close. Its a lot more faster than any other weapon. Make sure you get as much flak hitting that centerpoint as you can. Woo baby its quite a bit faster than other methods. Even using the tank on it.

I found that the greande launcher (or which ever weapon it is that lets you set bombs on the ground and then remotely detonate them is) works even faster. But the very fastest is to have your entire team pick up the redeemer... ;)

JohnnyUK

Sep 22, 2002
N/W england
Visit site
TWD said:
Another thing regarding this you might not know. The node in your main base is considered your power core. Stand on top of it and hit use and you can use that to teleport to other nodes too :D

well, ****.. many a time I've ran half way across the map due to lack of vehicles in the main base x.x;;

Thanks for that one, I shall use that to its fullest extent =P

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
--You can also jump on top of your reactor core to teleport to your other nodes....unless you like running to the first node. :)

--If you use the static fire weapon on that buggy...you do not have to hold it down for a more powerfull charge. Fire as fast as you can...it has the same amount of damage.

--dont even try to make your mines crawl up a steep hill...they will blow up everytime.

--If your in a tank and you grab the damage amp and then crawl back in....both you and your machine gunner gets quad damage. Must be a bug....but it's a good one.

--If your low on health and your fighting a one on one next to a node... jump into the Energy Mech and enjoy the benifit of 400 health points and increased damage.

It sounds simple enough...but I have spectated for 3 hours today watching hundreds of different players play...and I never saw one person do it. I tell you its like yelling at the TV screen when you watch a sports game.
"whats the matter with you! Strafe over there damn it!!!!"