Windows 7 64-bit and Patch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Hi,
I wanted to install the Titan Pack, but it said I had to update to 2.0 first, so I downloaded 2.1, aka Patch 5, but I can't start it. It says it's not a valid 64-bit program yaddayadda.
How can I bring UT3 up to the latest version in Windows 7 64-bit?

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Remember that patch 2.1 has some of the files from the Titan Pack updated.

And, the first official bonus pack should be installed first (the 3-map one), since one map is missing.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Install patch 2.1, then Titan Pack and lastly re-apply patch 2.1.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
I'm bit confused, I don't recall any missing maps, maybe Delacroix can explain this better.

Homeslice

A mapper not in the zone
Okay guys, I need help.

I am using a new hard drive (Western Digital Caviar Green 500 GB, SATA II), and on it I installed Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit). My other specs are still the same (Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard, 4 GB DD2-800 RAM, XFX GeForce 9600 GT), and I know they very well support Windows 7.

But after re-installing UT3 (and even patching it, all the way up to 5), I cannot get the damn thing to run AT ALL. I open it, and nothing happens. I even tried registering my CD key and installing UT3 Black on my Steam account and opening it from there - STILL nothing. (And before anyone asks, I do not have the Kaspersky anti-virus software at all.) What's a guy like me to do? Anyone?....please help me.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
I think when UT3 tries to start it creates a log file somewhere in the game directory. Find that and have a look at it, and you might get some more specific reason as to why the launch doesn't complete.

Homeslice

A mapper not in the zone
Well...new problem. Looks like I had to do a clean uninstall of UT3, but I still had what was running in my Steam account (black edition). It worked - the game runs again!

But here's my problem - I can't get the custom maps, vehicles, etc. I've downloaded to show up, no matter where I've dragged them (and their necessary files) to. What do I do in a situation like this?....

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
They will show up. Normally you copy 'em into Docs\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 -- and respective subdirs, right? Well the exact same subdirs are to be made in the SteamApps\Unreal Tournament 3 folder and put the files in there instead.