UE3 - UT3 Kismet - Help Setting on/off A material switch parameter

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
On my website is a tutorial on triggering materials. It doesnt use the same example, but youll get the idea.

Im not super certain on how to make that flag true though, in cases like this I usually just multiply it with a parameter, set that to 1.0, and then in Kismet I can bring it to 0. and 0 zero times a certain effect, or panning speed is 0...

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
yeh i know how to change the texture.. I know the other method you speak of, I used that in safeguard turning on off the alarm lights.. but never mind. I really just wana turn if off and on, o well Ill just have to settle for second best.

Thanks for posting thought

_N_

addicted to mapping
May 23, 2008
Canada
Maybe you could do it using the method from Hourence's site, but instead of using "Set TextureParam" you could try "Set ScalarParam". To turn the checkbox on, you could try setting the the "UsePanner" value to "true" (or perhaps "True") and to uncheck the box, you could set it to "false". I vaguely recall reading about this somewhere but can't remember where... well, let me know if it works (no promises).

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Thanks for the post, but Im aware of that method with out the need for Hourences tut.. hes a legend but i know all that.

I remember kismit allows you to change 3 different material instance values... switches was not one of them.. also using a matinee to Set ScalarParam will only affect the mask transparency or blend ,if you will, over the black display material.. so changing that will ether show the logo or show the player a display with nothing on it.

the panner actually affects the display from being ether a full glow, or dim with the effect that you see on the team arrows monitor.

Last edited:

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
yeh that would be the only way Hourences, but the I havnt worked with materials that much so the work would not be worth the effect.. it doesn't matter.. ill still use the effect but not on lit team logos just the ones with panner already enabled.

Thanks anyway guys :)