Number of vertices?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ArnoOnline

Mar 25, 2005
I started modeling a few weeks ago and I finally managed to scale things down a bit to a normal size :lol:. My problem now it that I don't know how to reduce the amount of vertices in my work. I've a ligth bulb and a plate to hang it on a a ceiling and this together is about 350 vertices. Is this normal or can I reduce the amount of vertices?

Render of my liltle work: http://home.planet.nl/~gideo017/tempz/bulb.jpg

ArnoOnline

Mar 25, 2005
Good to hear that :). One question I still have about modeling & skinning, hope someone can answer that too :):

If I import a static mesh into UnrealEd I can assign a maximum of about six textures. So if I have a complex mesh some textures will be visible on multiple 'parts'. How can I see which part of an texture comes where? Is there a tutorial for this?

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
3dbuzz.com, then sign up, go to downloads, unreal technology, and you will find everything you need.