Ahhh! Slow Framerates!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dreighton

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
Hi I'm running on a P2-333 128 megs o' ram, a 32mb TNT2 card, and UT runs really crappy on some maps /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif! I've tried everything dropping the res down to 640 480 to turning of features like dynamic lighting and decals but i still get un acceptable frame rates on some maps!! (Below 20 frames!!) Has anyone else had a similar problem? I'd really like some help on this so if you have any ideas or suggestions please post here..

-Dreighton

Toolvana

RL hostage
Nov 24, 1999
Satellite of Love
www.toolvana.com
Turn the texture detail down to medium in preferences if you haven't already. Also, in case you didn't know, press "~" and type "preferences" to bring up another settings menu. Go to the bottom and select "D3D" under "Rendering" and try setting things to false in there. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
I have:
AMD K6-2 300
32 MB TNT2 (not M64, but the normal version)
128 MB RAM

At 800x600, I usually get framerates in the high teens.

Try to turn down your some of your settings in the .ini file. It helped me slightly. Here are the settings that Rooster used to get an extra 10 fps on his Celeron 400 (BTW, I'm not responsible for any damage this might do.):

OutputRate=22050Hz
EffectsChannels=16
LowSoundQuality=true
Decals=False
NoDynamicLights=True
SkinDetail=Medium
TextureDetail=Medium
SlowVideoBuffering=False
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=False
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=False
HighDetailActors=False
UseMipmapping=True
UseTrilinear=False
UseMultitexture=True
UsePageFlipping=True
UseTripleBuffering=True
UsePrecache=True
DetailTextures=False

Hope this helps.

bullet2.gif

Who's gonna be the odd man out? I want to be the odd man out.
-- CookieMnstr|PuF

M

Morgan

Once, I started UT and my framerate dropped to (and below) 20. It turned out I accidently started two instances of UT /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Yeah lady, You and the IRS...

XxBonesxX

banned
Dec 19, 1999
A grave Yard!
Visit site
I saw how UT ran on a 600mhz system with 256m ram using TNT2 Ultra at this computer store and it ran sweet /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

I've got your number!!
{PuF}XxBonesxX