Perfect Dark mod: Public Beta V3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
Related Mod: Perfect Dark mod
Release Type: Public Beta
Release Version: V3

Changelog:
Code:
- Ammo changed to a large box; color indicates the type
- Ammo sharing
- Changed CTF to Capture the Case (with 4 team support!)
- Cleaner code
- Eliminated PDFX.utx file
- Eliminated weapon/ammo caches in maps
- Expanded Pop a Cap options
- General game settings tab
- Ladder support
- Map list support
- Mod menu eliminated
- New AI rating system for weapons
- New Gametype:  King of the Hill
- New HUD temporarily removed
- New Map:  PD-Base
- New UMOD install module
- New Weapons
  + CMP-150
  + Proximity Mine
  + Remote Mine
  + Timed Mine
- No slot mutator
- Weapon configuration through Settings tab

Thus far, I think this release has had the most effort put into it. Not saying that the releases before were half-assed or anything, but I truly believe the difficulty and variety of the content in this release is tops.

So, yeah. Basically, what's listed in the changelog is what to expect. All the tiny bug fixes and minor improvements are not listed for brevity's sake (and because I didn't write them down from the beginning). All I have left to do before the release is make minor changes to all the maps, plus update the ReadMe (a lot), then compose the ZIP and UMOD packages. And then...I'll put 'er up.

Until then, try to stay patient.

Last edited:

livingtarget

BulletCatcher
Mar 15, 2002
Aberdeen
I'll test it for you when the downloads are up :)

I liked the older releases, they were quite fun.
Is this the first release in a while? I can't remember the verion I played.

Ticklemonster

Sep 3, 2002
qsl.net
!!! I love the proximity mines!!! Way fun, I take it you did the weapons? Modelled and everything? Your skills are impressive, young brokenclavicle.