Doors (moving)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JoBByLoGGy

May 28, 2005
I have a problem regarding doors, I have a static mesh for the door, but I want it to move like an regular door in real world...

How do I do?

meh

I used to get stuck when trying to do this. Now I follow these steps:

1) Create the mover and put it into the door frame.
2) Right click at the edge of the door (using top view) which is the "hinge" side.
3) Select Pivot -> Place Pivot Here (or Snapped Pivot if you want to get it dead on the nearest grid point).
4) Right click the mover and select Mover -> Key 1.
5) Rotate the door around your new pivot (using top view) to the point where you want it at when it is open.
6) Right click the mover and select Mover -> Key 0 (Base).
7) Change the movement time to between 0.4 (kicking it open) and 5 (Resident Evil style, if you've played the game, you'll understand).
8) Under Properties -> Mover set bUseShortestRotation to True (sometimes the door will spin the wrong way if you don't set this) and MoverEncroachType to either ME_ReturnWhenEncroach (door closes if something is in the way) or ME_StopWhenEncroach (stops if something is in the way, but doens't return to the closed position.