[Xaemia] Is This Intentional?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
I don't know if this is a bug or intentional, but the roundhouse turrets by the art node (at least on red side) have a rotation of only about 120 degrees. they have an enormous blind spot as a result of this.

CiD

I'm on Offense!
Dec 28, 2003
i wish they would change that,it gets quite annoying.

gg yesterday worf.

CiD

I'm on Offense!
Dec 28, 2003
not neccesarily,you'd just have to blow up the turrets before trying to steal an artifact.

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
Rap, it isnt just the defenders who use them you know... the attackers use them too. I got blown to smithereens in one game because I jumped into the turret thinking I can kill the defenders and they just destroyed it easily as I was struggling to turn it round.

Bad design move IMO.

Reeps

Severe thumbs up (y)
Sep 2, 2003
WI
Visit site
<-- Made Xaemia

I did this, as RaptoR said, intentionally on the benefit of the attackers. During the beta tests I had done, getting the artifact proved to become extremely difficult, even more so than now. If I had made it with a 360 degree view, slowing it down would have been the only solution to balance it...and it already moves pretty slow. I'll think about it but from most of the feedback its too tough to get into the base, let alone get the arti. If it is true that attackers find it easier to use them to wipe the base out, I may re-consider...I'll have to play a few rounds and see what the people think... Thanks for the idea!

The-Styx

I'm a computer. Help the computer.
Jan 12, 2004
In a house made of beards
i'd say leave it, the bases are easy to defend as they are already

besides if the turrets could move 360 it would be to easy for the attaqckers just to turret camp the deploy points

Last edited:

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
None of your other arguments swayed me, but Styx's did... we don't need turret-spawn-camping.

It's just frigging annoying to have people perched on a mountaintop bombarding your turret with rockets/shock balls and there's naught you can do to stop it.

CiD

I'm on Offense!
Dec 28, 2003
why not make the turrets 360 degrees,and put the spawn points inside the mountain,kinda like how the health and shield stations are.