Player model question...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crashmaster007

Biohazard
Nov 7, 2003
Visit site
I got the Effigy model because it is just so badass looking, but i only see it if i die/win...so how do i get it to replace one of the more "popular" models as well so i can enjoy it...i also want it to remain it's own model...

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
If you mean replace the bots to use it then I don't know how you could go about doing this. If you are longing to enjoy the model, type in "behindview 1" in the console. If you really want to enjoy it, also type in "freecamera 1" afterward to allow your viewpoint to shift. This will hinder the gameplay as you will only be able to shoot in one spot. Great for taking screenshots and enjoying animations though.

Crashmaster007

Biohazard
Nov 7, 2003
Visit site
thx for the tip, but i want to be in first person and see others usin it...also, if somebody else has the model installed, and we are playing on an internet server will we see the effigy model?

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
If you're playing online, there is no way to make others' player models appear to be Effigy. It is purely their choice, unless you haxx0r your game or something. I'm sure there's a way to do it with bots. If you are on a server and your friend has Effigy installed and is using it, it will only show up if the server and the players have the model. Generally this is up to the server admins, who can force players to download model files before they enter the game. I would ask around for servers running your model, maybe convince a few to run it. Glad I could help :)

BTW, I'm not entirely sure thats the way it works. Just a logical assumption.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
If the server you are using has it installed and the files are in the ServerPackages then if you and your friends use it as your player models then you can see it.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
This is how it works.

- In order for you to see a custom model that someone else has, you both have to have it installed.

- It doesn't matter what the server has on it, if you both have it, you both see it.

- You cannot see player models online unless you both have it. You cannot force the player model onto another player. ie: you cannot make a custom the "default model".
Otherwise, you could make a bright blue skin with a pink head to help you get headshots....ie: cheating.

- 99.999% of the servers do not force dl customs.

-If someone is wearing a custom skin that you do not have loaded then you see a default Jugg. So more than likely if you see a Jugg, someone is wearing a custom that you don't have, or doesn't work on your system for whatever reason. I have that problem with SpineBlaze, he wears the Ninja turtles and I have them installed but they don't work for whatever reason.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Hehe.... every now and then I'll here someone say, "hey, cool skin.". I only have a few:

Exoslave
Elvis
Jack Skellington
Gordon Freeman

and some whacky robot that stumbles around drunk-like, sputtering funny one-liners. Can't remember the name, but its cool.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
hal said:
Hehe.... every now and then I'll here someone say, "hey, cool skin.". I only have a few:

Exoslave
Elvis
Jack Skellington
Gordon Freeman

and some whacky robot that stumbles around drunk-like, sputtering funny one-liners. Can't remember the name, but its cool.

I have all skins :D I love seeing custom models when I play online so I make sure I have them all.

Han, I don't know why the ninja turtle skins won't work for you... Try reinstalling them maybe. Everyone else I know can see 'em. :) The only skins that I have that don't work online is the comic pack 2.....

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Hanover_Fist said:
... I have that problem with SpineBlaze, he wears the Ninja turtles and I have them installed but they don't work for whatever reason.
There are 3 versions of the turtles :
- the 1st had no teamskins

- the 2nd version got the 'tattoo' for the teamcoloured variants

- there's a 3rd set of turtles made by a different author, which make them look a little more like the cartoon-variants with weapons. (I don't know where I got them though and since it is a copyrighted character it might not exist anymore :()

IIRC I had to rename them to get both on my system.

// -- edit --
- http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/
- http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/

Tend to be the best sources for new models, especially polycount has some pretty nifty stuff hidden on their forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
A_Rimmerlister said:
There are 3 versions of the turtles :
- the 1st had no teamskins

- the 2nd version got the 'tattoo' for the teamcoloured variants

- there's a 3rd set of turtles made by a different author, which make them look a little more like the cartoon-variants with weapons. (I don't know where I got them though and since it is a copyrighted character it might not exist anymore :()

I must have the second set... I have whatever set that skincity.beyondunreal.com has...