Dear Mr. Sweeny....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedShirtSlacker

Jan 16, 2000
Lapeer, MI, USA
members.xoom.com
Dear Mr. Sweeny,

Please friggin' update Unreal to its final patched state. Call it v3.00 or whatever you please, but do it soon. How pathetic is it that your original flagship game is still NOT complete? 226a showed that at least somebody, somewhere was working on a final patch at one time. What happened? Hurricane wipe your HD?

Respectfully requesting a final damn patch after 2 years.
-RSS[PuF]

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
Yeah! me too!

bullet2.gif

I am the creatoR of all.

alien8

Run, you magnificent bastard.
And, come to think of it, Unreal is complete. The OpenGL and Direct3D came out after release as a bonus to those who did not have Glide, and were forced to use Software rendering.

The netcode is complete, the d3d code is complete (admittedly not near as good as UT's d3d code), I'm not sure that they owe us anything more. I wouldn't complain if it did get patched once more, but really, they gotta move on too.

Just my opinion though.

bullet2.gif

alien8
PlanetUnreal | Mod Central Unreal

Emphyrio

Feb 22, 2000
home.conceptsfa.nl
Epic has been ranting about how great Unreal is in D3D and openGL even on a TNT at high resolutions, so far even a Voodoo1 outperforms a TNT. They have promised great d3d support and many people have based their buying decision on that promise. Now Epic seems to have forgotten those people. Say what you will about ID, they got the promised openGL support just right, even in Quake, which is an older game and didn't have opengl support out of the box either.

afgam

Jun 4, 2000
Visit site
what!?!?! so if someone found a really bad bug in the game, they should still not patch it because some people dont like to have to patch their copy of unreal?

Smirftsch

May 9, 2000
www.oldunreal.com
for someone who is able to run unreal without probs this is maybe ok...but if u want to play this game and everything u get is a stuttering s***t is the idea of a new patch not that bad

afgam

Jun 4, 2000
Visit site
I'd much prefer to have a game that's bug-free than an unpatched version of unreal. Also, I'm not sure that the unpatched versions are compatible with the patched ones (although they may be).

photo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.