UE3 - UDK Adding Translocator to UDK maps?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

diabolusxangelus

Nov 21, 2009
Hello, I am trying to add a translocator for my character to a map I make in Unreal Editor but I cant seem to figure out how to do it. I can only access the link gun, rocket launcher and physics gun, Any help?
I'm thinking its a problem with not having it imported properly but I'm not sure, it shows up as an image in the content browser but thats it.
Please help!
Thanks

diabolusxangelus

Nov 21, 2009
Im not trying to make an UT3 map, I'm just trying to make a map in UDK and use the translocator as my "weapon".

Is there anyway to load the other weapons, items, meshes, ect so that are in UT3 so that I can use them in my map in UDK?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
No, it's a completely different engine version. UT3 and UDK are not binary compatible and UT3 does not allow you to export the resources you'd need to make a straight port of any UT3 content to UDK.

If you want to do UT3 mapping, I recommend using UT3 for that.