Is the UT community getting screwed?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
http://www.avault.com/news/displaynews.asp?story=8102000-9186

this is the info about UT game of the year edition. If you notice it says it is including "enhanced" versions of chaos ut, tactical ops, and rocket arena. What I want to know is what does "enhanced" mean and does this mean that we the UT community, most whom have been loyal to since UT came out, getting screwed out of versions of these mods because we aren't buying their game of the year edition?

the~oreca

Retired.
Jul 10, 2000
NB, Canada
i don't quite get it
but why would i buy the game again if i already own it?
do you mean that you need to buy the game again to get a special version of these mods?
well it doesn't really matter to me i can't update it so i'm stuck with 400 so none of these mods work (i think)

Do_Or_Die

Aug 1, 2000
I doubt it

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions that they're offering more features to people who buy that version of the game. Plus, this is marketing speak so you can't take it at face value. For all we know "enhanced" can mean that it's on a CD so you don't have to download it. I really doubt those mod teams would agree to put special "enhanced" versions of their mods on a CD because they have to know how po'd everybody would be who already has the game. If you really want to know then I'd say email the leader of one of those mods or just wait and see what the CD actually has on it. And even if it does have a few things unavailable right now to us, I'm sure they'll make it available for download soon after that version of UT is released. Have faith in Epic and Infogrames.

Arkive

May 10, 2000
members.home.com
I wouldn't worry about it too much. There's no way the mod authors would allow one version to be downloadable and another to appear in the special edition CD as there would be version conflicts and ppl with one version wouldn't be able to play with ppl with the other version. If there is anything that is on the CD that you can't download yet, you can bet they will make it downloadable shortly after the CD comes out. "Enhanced" can mean a lot of things...it could even mean that the readme file comes in Word format as opposed to plain text.

Jeff