WHY AM I NEVER INVOLVED IN MAJOR PUF DECISIONS?!?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
First the ops thing (which we've all forgotten by now, right?), and now the captains for the All-Star Game. I'm seriously losing my cool (or whatever) now. Next time a decision needs to be made about a major PuF event, I think we'd all like to know about it in a new thread.

Arkive

May 10, 2000
members.home.com
Dopefish, no offense, but this has been going on for a few days now. Here's three threads below pertaining to the topic and what ppl wanted to do:

Original mention of the next All-Star game:

http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?threadid=22392

Voting on gametype to be used:

http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?threadid=22532

Debate over what should be played and how many All-Star games there should be:

http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?threadid=22564

There may be more, but I just posted the links to the ones I knew. If you wanted a voice, you should have used it in those threads. I don't think there's any reason to get angry about it. I'm sure everyone values your opinion, and I'm sure no one intentionally tried to leave you "out of the loop". Drop a vote in one of those threads and be heard. I doubt anything is really final yet, regardless of what Outz posted (I think he was just assuming about the captains since it seemed so unanimous in the original thread by DA).

Jeff

DragonAsh

Hentai-like
Feb 10, 2000
umm, dope, I gave you an icq about it.

But knowing ICQ, you probably never got it.
Anyway, like Arkive said, this has been going on for a few days.

You were nominated a lot for capt AND teamates.

No teams have been made yet, but the capt's have both accepted their titles.

Teams havent been made mainly because we are still voting for what type of match
DOM or CTF
its really close now

GunnerX

2345 Posts
Mar 14, 2000
Canadia
www.gunnerx.com
Dopey, why do you bother waiting for people to tell you to get involved?? Just jump in and take charge!! That's what these guys did. So next time, instead of waiting around just start saying things. Don't be a WUSS! :D

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
My point still stands, however.

I obviously don't post on every thread I see. By doing so, I have obviously eliminated any chance I get to wield my ever so prominent voice (as well as getting rid of that "spammer" title which many of you would agree that I've lost since becoming Godlike). Yet, I'm sure many people would also agree that if we were going to choose captains then another thread would've been the best choice.

To those of you saying this isn't important, for me it is. You're basically telling me that voting and having a right to say what I want isn't allowed. Well, I feel sorry for you if that's what you believe.

And DA, according the ICQ message history, you haven't sent me anything since the last all-star game, minus the naughty server stuff we were doing recently. ;)

~Cobra~

Cursed!
Apr 7, 2000
Visit site
well... i'm not so sure we should just drop everything we do because some "1" missed a thread.... if something like this was that important to you i'm sure you would've taken a look at the thread and post your thoughts... your opinion, as well as EVERYBODY else's, are valued.... and the ops... well that's another completely stoopid topic..

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
I wasn't nominated for captain at all. I was voted something like 4 times for a normal player.

Don't start any "you decide your own level of involvement" Fight Club **** on me either.

And the captain/player voting was started in the second thread, which was originally the gametype thread. Since I voted, I saw no reason to go there again. But OH WELL to me if I didn't go there again, right? :mad:

{L}OutZ{JEDI}

SSJ Vegeta - like
Jun 4, 2000
jediclan.ipfox.com
Woa dopey cool it!

Hey man,

If you've been around the last 3-4 days, you would of seen that topic "Puf All-Star game" at the top, it has been one of the most popular topics these last 3-4 days, Arkive said it all already, there is no reason to be mad, and like cobra said we can't stop everything for "1" person, PuF is a community, as you can see we are still trying to figure out what game mode, CTF or DOM.

So post away dopey!

Troll|PuF

Poetic Terrorist
May 2, 2000
Temporary Autonomous Zone
You can't force a new thread everytime something else gets tossed into the mix. That's what makes forums so neat. You never know what you'll run across. Some threads degenerate into something else altogether and there ends up being hidden gems within them.

I'm sorry if you didn't get any captain votes, Dopey. :( Please don't make the ones who did get voted feel guilty that they took a spot that you deserved or something, because that's what it's coming off like. :( We didn't look at the thread anymore than anyone else. Hell, I was halfway into my day at work before I checked the thing and saw I was on my way to being voted into something that I didn't even ask for... Boom and I are more shocked than anyone. And for all I know it's not even official. And if it is official and I am a Captain then now I feel guilty because you're saying that you "deserved" captain votes. That makes me feel real bad, Dopey. :(

Please don't make us feel like we stole something that was yours by right, because if it's that important to you, then you can have my spot. The fact that I got a couple of votes from people means more to me than playing the game itself.

We can't hold off on all major Puf events because we haven't seen your ip logged into the forum that day. Or start a new thread the minute something enters into it that is important. Everything that did occur , was put into a new thread. As soon as people saw the gameplay type becoming a big issue, Hal started a comments thread. So we did try to separate the new issue.

But now I just feel bad because it sounds like (from the other post you made) that you are demanding that you have a major (deciding) say in something that was a democratic PuF thing. We all have a say, we all have equal say. Your say is as important as anyone's, but we're all equal. But you're demanding it like you're more important than the people who did vote. :(

I'm rambling again, don't mind me.......should go to bed now... :(

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Dope, I really don't know what to say.

You're the one that didn't respond.

You're the one that decided to stay out of the threads.

You're the one WHINING about not being picked. Dude, you don't get picked by saying "PICK ME! PICK ME!". Actions speak louder than words. If you don't get picked, don't sweat it. If your goal is to be the best if PuF, give it up. There's ALWAYS going to be someone better. No matter who you are (cept Voyd).

You did this before and you're doing it again. And last time you said - And nobody knows I was kidding! Well when you act like this, what are we supposed to think?

Stop acting like a spoiled little fecking kid. My 5 year old acts more mature.

Knock it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.