Assault question, wish

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HorgBoth

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
I think I read somewhere, that in Assault
match, if you die, you cannot respawn until
the game restarts. When I play assault, people I kill respawn right away. Now, if this is the way it is, thats cool. I would
like to see a mutator for this though.
If not, is there someplace where I can specify "dont let player respawn after death, until level restarts"??

BoBVila ]|[ Arena

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
With the existing weapons, this would be super lame....with a Counterstrike mod, it would be cool with 1 or 2 or 3 lives. With rocket launchers and miniguns and flaks and combos it is stupid.

Voyd-

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
hold on here. this doesnt make the slightest bit of sense. is the Assault team supposed to capture the objective without dying once? thats insane.

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
He is saying that in assault each player should only get one life. While this would be more realistic, I just dont think it would work in UT cuz of the lethal weapons.

bullet2.gif

If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

lipton

Nov 21, 1999
asheville nc usa
Visit site
at first i thought .. hey that might make it pretty fun .. to actually have a fear of dying and not be able to respawn right away .. but then one word came to mind ...
HEADSHOT!! ..nuff said /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
This would not work in assault on most of the maps.....Most people get killed within 30 seconds on most of the levels....If you had an even playing field maybe but when your killed by autocannons and are only given a couple weapons on offence till you get part way thru the map it would not be a very smart idea but if the defence could not respawn hey now there is an idea..I normally kill 5 people to everyone time I die when I am on defence so it does seem that might work...hehehe after say 10 tries on offence your sure to get the job done (even if there is no defensive team left /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

HorgBoth

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
You know, what I am getting at, is a counter
strike modification for UT. A combo "last man
standing" - "assault" type thing is what
I was thinking about. Seems it might not be too hard to merge the two, and provide maps to support it. If I can muster up the time and energy, I might see if I can tinker with
it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.