Read before posting

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

IndianPsycho

Feb 17, 2004
www.free-monkey.com
If the game crashes when you try to deploy:
- Update UT2004 to patch 3339 or higher.

If you get a version mismatch when trying to connect to a server :
- Go into your UT2004 directory and search for the file you mismatched on. If any copies of this file are duplicate, delete the file that is outside of the UT2004\UTXMP directory. After doing this, reconnect and it should work.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
IndianPsycho said:
If you get a version mismatch when trying to connect to a server :
- Go into your UT2004 directory and search for the file you mismatched on. If any copies of this file are duplicate, delete the file that is outside of the UT2004\UTXMP directory. After doing this, reconnect and it should work.

I did this for humangibs.utx or something like that. I just moved it out of the ut2004\textures folder, but when I went to play vanilla UT it started crashing on people's deaths... Shouldn't it be the other way around (ie. remove from the XMP directory?)

Skaxis

Oct 25, 2003
Everett, WA
Visit site
I noticed in ...Crash... map... that you can be out of energy YET still you can use the Raptor turret. Well I was able to anyway.. though we did not have enough energy to drive, we could still jump in vehicle and use the turret (Only Tried Raptor turret).

spidor

Dec 25, 2004
A few bugs, issues not seen..gunners and sounds

Dear UTXMP creators, thank you for looking at my email.
I will try to make it short and sweet as I have already looked at the main bug list and didn't see what I am about to write.

Concussion jumping for gunners:
When I try to do a concussion jump in third person, I can't point my gun straight down. So, therefore, I can't do a conc jump like that. I can do it in first person, but I blind myself and have no control. Can you make it so the weapon can point in any direction in third person.

Mines:
Any mine you set down that gets blown up always does, for instance Spidor set off his own mine. I sometimes kill enemies with mines, but don't get any points for it. That enemy just loses points for killing himself.

Rocket audio:
In U2XMP, one of the cool things was how loud the explosions where. There don't seem to be any loud explosions in UTXMP, especially with the gunner rockets. If I hit the ground near me, or a tree far away, the explosion sound is the same. Is that right? Is there any way to fix that.
That detail just brings the whole battle experience right home to a gamer. And the more people who play, the more who buy UT2004 to play this mod.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Spidor