Can you submit demos to the llama farm?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fredrik

Apr 17, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Just speced a_nuke and made a little demo where he uses godmode. Several times he gets hit with rockets and is bounced up in the air but his health never goes below 100. And of course, contrary to the assurance of Deathbrother, a_nuke still has admin rights to the server. He plays all the time logged in as an admin.

I think having demos might be a good idea for the llama farm, not only are you told about the llama-hood but can witness it for yourself. If you are interested in the demo, let me know and I will send it to you.

Slayer[FOR]

Feb 28, 2000
Madison
Visit site
I would love to see it!!

And if you look at the server info, it list a_nuke as admin!! ;)

later

bullet2.gif

"What do yo mean I have to be Politically correct? I just shot him!!"

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
If Blow, Sel, or Scum do read this..

You might want to consider geting (I'm thinking about this too) a public drivespace or something like IDrive that lets other people upload files themselves. That way you email wont blowup :)

[This message has been edited by zombie/nVA (edited 06-15-2000).]

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
Yea, you can just open up a Geocities or Tripod account (preferably Tripod, you get like 30megs of space or something like that)

Then you can upload fairly quickly through their FTP and post the link here.

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
Ok, to make it easy, I've set up a Tripod account. It only has 50MB of space, so only demos or relevant screenshots! To upload use an FTP client like CuteFTP or WSFTP and connect to:

Server: ftp.tripod.com
Username: thesoundoff
Password: llama

Then you should be able to upload anything you have.

Necroth

Former WeeDHead
Mar 7, 2000
Visit site
send then to me blow__smoke@hotmail.com or follow the link in my sig.

I love to get my hands on those demo's i allways knew he would give up cheating.
I only never was able to catch him playing online. Seems patience finally paid off here

/me wonders if i have the demo's and when they are true, how MNSG explains this, they really kept on hammering that a_nuke never, and even lost admin rights.
Looks like i was still right after all :)

bullet2.gif

Nominated by PuF as King of LPB's
Defense and Freelance player for [Ci]

Send articles/rants/editorials to The Soundoff , home of the world-famous Llama Farm!

Necroth

Former WeeDHead
Mar 7, 2000
Visit site
we know rooster, but you die anyway, in follow mode i have that often too, the armor is updated, and the health not.
But spashing blood of the hit still has to been seen when the armor is down to zero, if not then he's cheating.

Therefore is said if the demo's are true, maybe i wasn't clear enough.

bullet2.gif

Send articles/rants/editorials to The Soundoff , home of the world-famous Llama Farm!

Fredrik

Apr 17, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
I am uploading the demo to the ftp now.

And I do know that sometimes the heath figure does not change sometimes but towards the end of the demo he turns godmode off and then damage reduces the health. Also he is hit by enough rockets to kill him. And third whenever he walks over medpacks they dont get picked up.

Anyway the demo is up there on the ftp and I think it is fairly clear he uses godmode. And I thought he/them were cleaning up their act...

Necroth

Former WeeDHead
Mar 7, 2000
Visit site
[KTSA]ManWhore his FTP has nothing to do with the Llamafarm, and if he has a FTP named the Soundoff, to see at that userid, he is tricky busy, by stealing TheSoundoff his name.

I hope he don't take credits on our name

bullet2.gif

Necroth

Former WeeDHead
Mar 7, 2000
Visit site
After i watched the demo i must say Fredrik, but indeed in the first moments i tought he was cheating too, but he committed suidide, and died, when godmode is on, you'r stuck in midair, and later on, he got hit a few times and ran around with 14% health.
He didn't fool around with turning godmode on off, he feighted death to chat. I let Sel and skum look too, but i think they say the same.

Sorry i have to say, a_nuke didn't cheated in that game.

bullet2.gif

[This message has been edited by BloW__Smoke[PuF] (edited 06-16-2000).]

Fredrik

Apr 17, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
The only reason I made a demo in the first place was that I saw him take a full load of rockets without taking any damage. And in the demo you see him get hit by three rockets that send him flying without taking any damage. Also he jumps down from the redeemer place without taking any damage twice (and I have tried it with a_nuke settings and never been able to avoid any damage but he does twice, pretty remarkable). You make of that what you want, I am 100% sure he was using god mode.

And turning godmode off in a second is not very hard, you can either have a key bound to it or bring up the console, up arrow and enter. After going over the edge he seemed a LOT more prone to taking damage from other ppls weapons.

Also if you dont have godmode on and fall over the edge you just dissapear with a splat, not like he did stand and then die. I suggest you try starting a practice session, use behindview 1, and jump over the edge with 199/100 and compare how that looks with how it looks when nuke did it. It is pretty obvious he turns off godmode there and then.

[This message has been edited by Fredrik (edited 06-16-2000).]

Mar 6, 2000
London
www.mox-guild.com
BloW_Smoke,

I belive [KTSA]ManWhore was just trying to help you guys out. It's probably just your english but <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>and if he has a FTP named the Soundoff, to see at that userid, he is tricky busy, by stealing TheSoundoff his name<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> does come across rather insulting, I suggest you put a " ;)" in it :).

Don't know if I'll have a chance to see you guys in irc tonight, out on the town drinking guinness and molesting nubile young (but legal ;)) woman :) (hey it's a tradition!)

Snouchie-bouchies!

bullet2.gif

psychomoggiebagpuss
AKA Armadillo Dragon of the -=UDIC=-
Wielder of the Sacred Blackrock Baguette
"If there is anything bigger than my ego. I want it caught and shot"

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
Yes, it was simply to facilitate Fredrik getting the demo uploaded, or for anyone else who needs to upload something, because I'm not sure about you, but I hate receiving anything bigger than 100k in my email.

Necroth

Former WeeDHead
Mar 7, 2000
Visit site
Didn ment it mean, sorry i had to add some ;), but i wrote it in a hurry and forgot to add them

bullet2.gif

Slayer[FOR]

Feb 28, 2000
Madison
Visit site
I was hoping that against the odds he would change his ways!!

I showed this demo to a bunch of my friends and they agree with me that he was indeed using godmode. Nobody is that good not to take some damage from falls and rocket(splash) damage. He never picked-up a health pack once until the end.

And further more..if you fall off the map..you die instantly!! Period!! I can't beleive how you cannot see that!!

A friend of mine was playing on their server a couple of weeks ago, not knowing who a_nuke was and told me a disturbing story. He was playing and a_nuke shot a redeemer at him and he died and a_nuke just bounced of the blast. So when this demo was announced I know feel he has sunken to new lows.

Along with lying to this forum about not having adminstator access. If that is the case...why is a_nuke listed as the admin?

Well..in anycase. All that matters is that he stays in his lttle pathetic server and leaves the honest people alone.

Sorry for the venting!!

Take care all,

Happy fragging

bullet2.gif

"What do yo mean I have to be Politically correct? I just shot him!!"

[This message has been edited by Slayer[FOR] (edited 06-17-2000).]

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
Yea, now that I can get onto the forums again (my modem was acting up), I must say that I think he was using god mode at the beginning of the demo. He repeatedly was knocked into the air by enemy rockets, and had to of been hit fatally many times when he was running around inside blue base. I really would've liked to see a redeemer shot to confirm it, but given his history, I have no doubt that he was cheating.

Notice that he committed suicide shortly after it was mentioned that a demo was being recorded to show it. Only then do I think that he started playing fair. And he still won't learn that being logged in as the admin while you're playing a game is just dumb!!

I say yae for cheating.

[This message has been edited by [KTSA]ManWhore (edited 06-17-2000).]