Beagle-1!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CAVERNA2K

Look, a fliing something!!!!!
Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
B-1, I just played your map Landing. AWESOME. See, I really need to say this to you: just sharpen the map, It´s already done.

Ask someone for better textures, a smoofer ground and so.

Like the sand: "blocky".

Put machineguns in better/balanced positions, like on the UNCOVERED rooftop.

Put some TRENCHES.

Put some FX, like explosions in random - but far from players´ - positions.

Liked very much the map. Real maps shoud see this one, and give a 80% to it.

Congratulations., nicely done map.

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
Finally a first feedback on my map!!

Thanks, CAVERNA2K!! I'm glad that someone found its potential!:)

I've been trying to contact Los at "RealMaps Beta Testing" forum by posting a question there and pm'ing him but had no answer. I really want to put this map at that forum so that more people can test it.

Oh yeah, I forgot that there was something called "M2" in INF.:D
I'd better throw in a few of them in there.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
are thier trenches on a beach like the one in normandy? NO!
The tide comes in rather far, and would wash them away. Unless you are talking about trenches on the defending side.

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
YEAH, what yurch said.

In your face, DeRailer!!
j/k:D

Don't worry, that is only a beta map, and I'm planning on adding more things like M2s in the bunkers, maybe some trenches where appropriate, some flowers in the Higgins boats for decoration, and maybe some bikini girls playing beach volleyball there.:D

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
try going in without a scoped-weapon!!

Originally posted by DeRailer
Team B got more fun elements in it IMO.

I must agree. But it'll change when M2s go in the bunkers and places. I must say that I personally love going in for a suicide mission landing on the shore since your chance of getting killed is huge that it makes the game so much more interesting.
In the bunker, there's a little chance of getting hit, and you can always duck in for cover.

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
Beagle... those screenies are making me horny... :X

Must... download... MAP....!

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
Originally posted by Wikkan
Beagle... those screenies are making me horny... :X

Must... download... MAP....!

Please do, by all means!! :D
Meanwhile, more screeny.

Quite a scenery to behold.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Hella Potential

This map has a great theme, and a lot of potential. It looks like its still pretty early in production. Textures do need work. The "edge" of the sand texture is too obvious. Do you plan on putting up some kind of map border?
And although the water team should have the disadvantage, you may want to help them out with some sort of cover. Pretty much sniper bait right now. Great start.
Jaymian

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
jaymian

Yes, I'm planning on setting up some sort of map border on the sides although I haven't thought of what could look natural. Maybe some barbwire fences.

And I have been thinking about the landing team's disadvantage as well. I don't know what I can do. It looked pretty helpless in the movie, too. I don't wanna throw in some unnatural covers just to make the game fair. I'll have to think about that.

Thanks for the feedback.:)

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Good thing u put an barrier at team A's cliff else I might jump down into the water again like RuralJapan. :p

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
BTW, Beagle.
I kinda like that picture I took, do u mind if I trademark it with ur permission? I might want to make a sig out of it.

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
Originally posted by DeRailer
One big box+all the stuffing in it. :D

No, I used a big terrain brush as a base, and then I added everything inside.
And by all means, knock yourself out with any screeny you take in my map.

EAS map? hmm...I don't even know how to make an AS map yet. I guess I'll have to go back to tutes for more learning.:)