Latest elder scrolls

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Don't know too much from it, except it will be in an area smaller than Morrowind. Of course, there will be alot more details, espescially AI wise. I am imaginating a non-flawed Fable in the wonderful life of Tamriel.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Uh...

Ros, I was under the impression that the new elder scrolls will actually be about 17 TIMES bigger than Morrowind. To accomidate that new size they've included a "fast travel" thing that works kind of like sleeping outside...screen goes black, and if you encounter anything bad, it stops you and lets you resolve it.

I am absolutely looking forward to it.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Really? I've heard alot of people say it was going to include less and less cities. Perhaps they have worked it out better, but inside the world of the elder scrolls the area is smaller.

TSW, we all love bugs. We don't admit it, but we love em. Happiness is working 4 hours on a character and then having a game-crash.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Keganator said:
To accomidate that new size they've included a "fast travel" thing that works kind of like sleeping outside...screen goes black, and if you encounter anything bad, it stops you and lets you resolve it.
Let us hope that this "add things to the new game that we already did in Daggerfall" becomes a trend.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
I sure hope that Bethesda learns how to use computers soon. Morrowind had a lot of initial atmosphere, but it looked like crap. The models were all apparently done by one person, and all of terrible quality, and the code, well...

Let's just say the modding community made up a gigantic margin for improvement.

And I hope this new one isn't just a single player MMORPG. A little character and life in the world, I hope they realize, isn't going to hurt anyone.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
I'm sure they have a bigger budget for that new game :)

Hopefully they'll hire new modelers. The first screen shots look pretty good for now :tup:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
TheShiningWizard said:
Let us hope that this "add things to the new game that we already did in Daggerfall" becomes a trend.
Would that include the bugs as well ? ;)
// ---
I just hope that stealth and other non-fighter/combat classes are given more thought this time.

As for size : I'm all for a smaller world if that means it will feal more alive, because even the big cities looked pretty empty & deserted in Morrowind.