Elder Scrolls: Skyrim [DARGONS EDITION]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
It'll be the same DLC 30 days later who gives a shit

Anybody who thinks PC gaming owns over consoles. That would be gamers.

Regardless people don't need to be getting their pussy's in a twist.

yawning_cat.gif

[Edit]By the way I didn't start the whole Xbox thing three posts ago but let me finish it for you:

red-ring-of-death.jpg

the-ring-of-death.jpg

It's funny how a question about up and coming DLC can turn into a discussion about a low-res gaming experiences; isn't it?
[/Edit]

Last edited:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Yeah, I am eagerly waiting for DLC. 150+ hours in, maxed out my skills/levels, finished the main storyline and all factions (except Stormcloaks because I sided with the Imperial Legion, because Ulfric persecuted my fellow Dunmer), did the Daedric and Divine quests, and got all Steam achievements: I'm ready for some new stuff to do other than radiant quests.

Last edited:

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Yeah, I am eagerly waiting for DLC. 150+ hours in, maxed out my skills/levels, finished the storyline of all factions (except Stormcloaks because I sided with the Imperial Legion, because Ulfric persecuted my fellow Dunmer), did the Daedric and Divine quests, and got all Steam achievements: I'm ready for some new stuff to do.
Yeah 160+ hours and I'm still finding stuff but want to expand this world.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I'm going to say that $19.99 is a fairly high asking price for Dawnguard, but that's only because I've got less disposable income than I did before the summer started.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I'm afraid I burned myself out on Skyrim.

after maxing my main character I sort of just stopped playing, like completely.
I couldn't find the motivation to finish the primary quest chain even though I finished virtually all faction quests.

I'll take a look at Dawnguard, but something tells me it won't change anything.
this is exactly what happened to me with Borderlands.

I played the shit out of Borderlands for like 3 months and then suddenly I just stopped dead in my tracks and never touched it again. it's like suddenly the combat and gameplay just became so repetitive that no matter what kind of weapons or gear I had - and no matter what kind of quest I was on - everything started to feel the same.

and when everything starts to feel the same, you feel like you're doing nothing at all. I'm not sure how DLC is going to change this for Skyrim :hmm:

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I'm afraid I burned myself out on Skyrim.

after maxing my main character I sort of just stopped playing, like completely.
I couldn't find the motivation to finish the primary quest chain even though I finished virtually all faction quests.

I'll take a look at Dawnguard, but something tells me it won't change anything.
this is exactly what happened to me with Borderlands.

I played the shit out of Borderlands for like 3 months and then suddenly I just stopped dead in my tracks and never touched it again. it's like suddenly the combat and gameplay just became so repetitive that no matter what kind of weapons or gear I had - and no matter what kind of quest I was on - everything started to feel the same.

and when everything starts to feel the same, you feel like you're doing nothing at all. I'm not sure how DLC is going to change this for Skyrim :hmm:

This is the kind of overplaying that I try to avoid, by diversifying what I play, and how much I play. I'm holding out for more content before diving back in with a new character. It's sort of refreshing to try and play something completely differently than the first time. Make different decisions, etc. etc. It makes it worthwhile.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
oh I've done all that.
I maxed out my main character but I've had 2 others for different styles of play and novel approaches.

and I was playing other games in between Skyrim (same goes for Borderlands).
I've never played only one game at a time.

just saying though, none of this has really helped.

I took a break from Skyrim sometime back in January for mostly the same reason. I had beaten the main quest and played just waaaay too much of the game. Didn't pick it up again till dawnguard and the time off from the game really made a difference. I made a second character as well just so I could play both sides of the DLC...but haven't finished the vampire side of the game cus...well, to be frank the Vampire Lord transformation is really cool and all but it kind of breaks the game for me. I play this on Master difficulty and...it's just too damn easy to turn into that thing.

Finished the dawnguard side of the DLC though and enjoyed it. Very much like the new armors and crossbows. Still, I think they may have waited just a little too long with this one. The game is fabulous but it doesn't have the lasting power of Fallout New Vegas, and that one had four DLCs released through a year of release.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I finally got Dawnguard and Heartfire DLCs a couple weeks ago and have been playing again. I also loaded up a ton of mods; mostly new houses, better horses (inventory, mounted combat, horse armor, companion horses, etc.) and a re-balance mod that makes the game actually challenging for non-mage characters. Also a texture pack and lighting mod that make the game much more atmospheric.

It's still as good as it was last year. Is anyone else playing Skyrim these days?