Official Minecraft Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I have bought Minecraft. Dedicated server will be up soon :D

EDIT: The dedicated server is now up and running. Connect to this address:

sinedeviance.co.cc

You can copy and ctrl+v in the address box if you like. Don't add the http:// prefix or Minecraft will crash. It might be down for a few minutes here and there, I'm still tweaking. If so, just wait a few minutes and try again. I'll probably be on the server playing so look for me :D

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004

sinedeviance.co.cc

You can copy and ctrl+v in the address box if you like. Don't add the http:// prefix or Minecraft will crash. It might be down for a few minutes here and there, I'm still tweaking. If so, just wait a few minutes and try again. I'll probably be on the server playing so look for me :D

I'll try it out. My name is wiZZ26

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
If anyone can help me, I have the exact error that it comes up with when I try to get it up -

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated

EDIT - Now I just get a black screen :(

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008

sinedeviance.co.cc

>Connection lost.
>
>Failed to logon: User not premium.

Can you do what Angel said and turn off authentication or whatever? :lol:

It depends on the server, if it's set to verify everyone who connects (which is the default), it won't let you on if you're not logged in.

Mar 6, 2004
Failz. My map is probably the best though. Dark should use it if that's possible. :D

A guy Dark knows from IRC was making a long cobblestone bridge and an underwater room filled with glass. I gave him an idea to make a glass wall and roof on the bridge. It can almost be like a glass bridge (the bottom not glass) and some tourches lighting it up at night, it would look pretty cool IMO.

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
I got the exact error from the Java Console. I'm really lost and have no idea on how to fix this. Any help would be appreciated

Java Console said:
load: class org.lwjgl.util.applet.AppletLoader not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.lwjgl.util.applet.AppletLoader
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed:http://www.minecraft.net/org/lwjgl/util/applet/AppletLoader.class
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
... 9 more
Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.lwjgl.util.applet.AppletLoader
Clear classloader cache ... completed.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
A guy Dark knows from IRC was making a long cobblestone bridge and an underwater room filled with glass. I gave him an idea to make a glass wall and roof on the bridge. It can almost be like a glass bridge (the bottom not glass) and some tourches lighting it up at night, it would look pretty cool IMO.

Psh, glass is for nubs, nothing can compare to my under-ice house. How do I take screenshots? PrtScn won't work because when I paste in Paint it just shows up all black.

Are you guys on Steam or something I can chat to y'all with? Besides IRC...

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Can you do what Angel said and turn off authentication or whatever? :lol:
Regardless if you do that you will join as "Player" and there's no more than one "Player" that can be connected at all times.

I wish I could try multi-player, it would really turn my opinion of "okay fun building things but what of the actual gameplay?" to "ok I want this."
I'm guessing it's a lot of fun, I'd just like a chance to interact with other players.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Regardless if you do that you will join as "Player" and there's no more than one "Player" that can be connected at all times.

I wish I could try multi-player, it would really turn my opinion of "okay fun building things but what of the actual gameplay?" to "ok I want this."
I'm guessing it's a lot of fun, I'd just like a chance to interact with other players.

Maybe you can change that "Player" thing in a file or something... :\

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
You can, but not with a file edit. I can't say much more than browse around to the appropriate websites :p

(Online still doesn't work for me though if you find that which I am hinting about. I get stuck at the brown "Logging In" screen and then it times out.)

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I got another question, what are the rules for when items and objects laying on the floor disappear?

One time I died in a spot really far away from spawn, so I didn't go back for a while, but when I did it was like hours later and I was happy to find my stuff there.

This time though, I died in that spot, then I died in another spot later, both times dropping a bunch of stuff. Now I can't find any of my stuff, is there a limit to the amount of stuff that can be on the ground or something? Because as my first example showed, distance and time doesn't matter. :hmm:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I do think there is a limit yes. I am not sure what it is, if it's time based or amount based.

Since we're in SP anyways, have no fear and build chests as much as you need because nobody can steal them. (That's one of the problems in MP public I'm reading, people steal and grief.)

Also make your house near the spawn location. That way when you die you are near your base. Or put signs along the way to your place, or some other landmarks.

Finally, a compass can be handy to. Make it by surrounding a redstone dust with four iron ingots (two vertical and two horizontal.) It will only point to your spawn location though.