New CTF idea........

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

q_mi_4_3

Target pratice for others....
Jan 14, 2002
Somewhere in this world
I know that there is already a lot of new ctf gametype out, but I think that mine is quite good too. What if someone make a game type(or mutator) that switches the flags from the two bases(it would only work in noraml CTF maps) so that the red base has the blue flag and vice versa. Every other rule could still be kept the same. So you would start by having a flag carrier and the only way to score is to protect him until he gets to the other base(and the other flag) But when you kill their flag carrier, you could "return" your flag back to their base, so they would have to start all over again. I think this gametype might forces even more team work than normal CTF.

Please post some comments.......

q_mi_4_3

Target pratice for others....
Jan 14, 2002
Somewhere in this world
the game I had in mind is actually a bit different than the one flag ctf in mutiCTF. my idea is that each flag spawns at the opposite base and therefor you can return your own flag back to the opponet's base. So this isnt just a big race to find a flag that both teams could use to put it in the enemy's base

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
No, I mean MCTF already randomly assigns flags to bases. You don't get to pick and choose, but it is random. I've had it already where no flags were changed (LOLOL), where two were changed and two left alone in the right base, three changed around and all four changed around.

You can also play the MCTF gametype with two flags and then keep opening the map (open ctf-mapname) until the flags are switched. And there's mutators to go along with the dozens of options in the rules menu.

I understand what you are saying, but I'm just letting you know it has been done, and is not a very big download, really. It's mainly the maps you'd have to get but they're great.

Morter

Commando
Dec 24, 2001
Visit site
BoomBall

BoomBall does something very similar to this. You find the bomb (so its sort of a race) and bring it to the enemies base. Its very fun and causes a Nuclear (not nucular, you illiterates =p) explosion in the base, obliterating anyone who didn't die while the carrier came in and set the bomb.

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Re: Boomdeath

Originally posted by Morter
Boomdeath does something very similar to this. You find the bomb (so its sort of a race) and bring it to the enemies base. Its very fun and causes a Nuclear (not nucular, you illiterates =p) explosion in the base, obliterating anyone who didn't die while the carrier came in and set the bomb.

I'm so sorry, but....

SOMEBODY SET UP US THE BOMB!!

WHAT YOU SAY!

LAUNCH EVERY 'ZIG' FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!

*bomb explodes in enemy base*

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

:D

cats

Mar 24, 2004
ayb

In A.D. 2101
War was beginning.

Captain: What happen ?
Mechanic: Somebody set up us the bomb.
Operator: We get signal.
Captain: What !
Operator: Main screen turn on.
Captain: It's You !!
Cats: How are you gentlemen !!
Cats: All your base are belong to us.
Cats: You are on the way to destruction.
Captain: What you say !!
Cats: You have no chance to survive make your time.
Cats: HA HA HA HA ....
Captain: Take off every 'zig' !!
Captain: You know what you doing.
Captain: Move 'zig'.
Captain: For great justice.

:lol: :lol:
ayb rulez!
see you at the official ayb-movie-site.
all_your_base_400.JPG