Best OS for UT ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Which OS is best for running UT ?

• Windows 2000 Professional

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Windows 98 se

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Sparks{HoC}

Mar 31, 2001
Visit site
I am fed up with Windows ME, which is a better alternative win2k or win98se ? I a getting ready to slick my gaming machine and reload it with whatever OS gets the most votes. I have a PIII 500 at the moment.

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
Although a definite bit of advice would be near impossible without knowing the specifics of your situation, it is generally agreed on that the benefits of switching between any of the 9x family tend to be outweighed by the additional cost of another OS as well as time spent reloading drivers and software.

Windows 2000 works fine as a general platform for slightly more advanced users, comfortable with the enterprise level operating system. While it can be tweaked into a good gaming system, it sacrifices performance for security and stability.

Additionally, there is the new variable in the form of XP, the next generation of Microsoft OS which combines NT/2000's heart, with enhancements to allow it to replace the 9x line. Microsoft is currently in the Public Beta stage of it's development, and you can get a copy for US$20. At this point, if you're going to try new operating systems, it really couldn't hurt to give it a whirl.

SuRGV

Sep 17, 2000
Visit site
UT in Win98 is 1 FPS faster than in Win2000 on my machine. However, UT runs much smoothier in Win2000 than in Win98...
Trung.