Creating custom objects, deleting brushes and skewing.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kray

Time chaser
Sep 17, 2000
Fool's Paradise
utgallery.tripod.com
I'm trying to create some custom objects. According to Wolf's Tutorials (and a few others), one way of doing this is to use the SKEW BUTTON, but I can't find it anywhere. I did a search on this forum, no answer, but I got this:

Forget brush skewing for the moment,most people just don't use it. - TaoPaiPai

Ok, what's the alternative then?

My second question - how do I delete a brush from the 2D view? I tried pressing <del>, right click -> Delete and even Menu/Edit/Cut, but the (red) brush won't disappear! If I duplicate a brush, I can delete the duplicated brush using the <del> key, but not the original. Thx.

ZodiaK

irresponsible walrus
Feb 14, 2000
onboard The Mothership
ameba.lpt.fi
you probably want to use brush clipping. you can't find the skew button because it's not there anymore in Ued2 ;).

brush clipping's an easy way to quickly make irregular shapes. you just set clip markers to your builder brush (the red one) -or any brushes either added or substracted- to establish a line which cuts a slice from the brush, then hit the 'clip selected brushes to perform the operation. it's a bit complicated to explain, but experimenting should quickly show you what's up with this.

don't forget to rebuild your level if you cut any adds/substracts with this method, or you won't see the changes in your 3d view. (as you probably know you always need to rebuild when for example deleting brushes from the 2d views - unless you haven't yet rebuilt at all). rebuild often, save often.

as for the second question, you can't delete the red brush. it's the brush you use to make the actual geometry brushes, by adding or substracting to/from the world --- so the red brush doesn't actually show up anywhere in the game. hope it helps.

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
You cannot delete the red brush cause its your builder brush. That will NOT appear in the game. That's the shape what you can change and then you can add or subtract. If it is blocking the view then simply press "B" and it disappears. Pressing the button again will bring it back. TADAAA... :)