Automatic demo recording

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
When I have a match, I usually demo it manually (I have the Y key bound to stuff), but sometimes I forget. :(

I looked around a bit, and found that if you set bAutoDemoRec=True under XInterface.ExtendedConsole in UT2004.ini, it should automatically record demos, but it doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas?

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
Maybe I'll post a thread on INA, since it seems as though more people (including Epic) read through there. In fact, I think I'll do that right now.

UPDATE: Aforementioned thread has been posted here.

Last edited:

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Hey DT - you have replies & they all say to search through the user & 2004 ini's for all instances of bautodemorec=false & change 'em to 'true' [well duh!]
Whenever I've tried this in the past it's never worked at best & crashed the game at worst so I gave up on it but so say it's been fixed since the 3323 patch.
Guess we'll see won't we

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
A lot of the occurances you'll find are rooted in client side configs for utcomp, and antitcc, as well maybe safegame if you ever played on a safegame server.

There is only one occurance in the default ut2004.ini, and one in a patched user.ini IIRC. Setting both to true, doesn't automatically record demos at current.

The mask thing works well though.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Bah, you prolly just got it working on all comp/cheat protected servers, which actually prolly covers enough ground that you'll hardly see the difference.

I doubt you got epics autodemo working though...