Masking/transparencys!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I've no brains but I do know you need to save the images as 32-bit .tga...

Xenocide also sent me a great tutorial for masks and alpha channels, that's here!

:)

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Wouldn't have known anyway hehe... I think I read somewhere that they're already using alpha channels(?) Haven't skinned them yet. There's also a character I try to open in Upaint and it just shuts down everytime - can't remember which it is... Ah well :)

[EDIT] Had a look at the thread - very interesting :lol:

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Hey Klasnic, i saw in those tutorials for masking and adding nice shiny layers that will come in hadny, just wondering, can you use those shiny layers to, instead of being shiny, impose a logo ontop of a surface, that, otherwise would have mirrored itself if applied on the normal texture?

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I'm guessing if you do the mask/alpha channel area in the shape of the logo in the area you want it on the skin(?)... You could use a shader to make it shine or even use an actual texture as the self-illumination to super impose itself on the skin texture methinks - That any good to ya? :rolleyes: