getting a model out of UT and into Maya

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

_lowGray_

I kill for FUN not GOD
Nov 11, 2001
www.notmyproblem.net
Anyone have any ideas on how to get a charactor model that is in the first UT out and into a form that I can use in Maya? I want to get a player model out of a Mod and animate it in Maya. I'm working on a league site and wanted to work on a little animation for the opening of the site. Anyone that can help. I saw a tutorial about the UT2k3 editor but I don't see those features in the old editor...anyone have any methods for this?

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Head here:

www.wotgreal.com

Download the wotgreal exporter. Open up the UT system folder and open whatever .u package you want the model from, then you can export it as .3ds or .3d. Unfortunately, I don't believe Maya will open either of these formats (definitely not .3ds anyway being as that's Max) so you'd need a file converter or a plugin to get them working.

R-Tillery

Nov 29, 2003
ChainsawMonkey said:
Head here:

Unfortunately, I don't believe Maya will open either of these formats (definitely not .3ds anyway being as that's Max) so you'd need a file converter or a plugin to get them working.

Nope not in Maya.. and no plugin as far as I can find. :(