Armory page

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Yorb

0wn3r
Mar 17, 2000
www.yorb.net
Not sure where to post this, thought it would be seen best here. =)

As we (hopefully) get within a month of the release of 2.8, I noticed the Armory page hasn't been updated in forever. There are like 3 times as many weapons on that list as there probably are in 2.8, and the pictures aren't even consistant...sort of random. Some of pictures, some don't. Some are just pictures of the model, some have the skin.

There are many that are so similar that I doubt you would put both of them in the mod. Such as the MP5 and the MP5 Navy.

So, here's me request: CLEAN THE ARMORY PAGE! =)

[121st]Burton

full-auto SIG abuser
Feb 7, 2000
The Armory-Page displays the weapons that will be in V3.0.
It has nothing to do with V2.8

Warren

Infiltration Project Coordinator
Nov 24, 1999
Portland, OR
www.sentrystudios.com
Correct- what you see in the Armory reflects what will be in 3.0, though we probably should mention that on the top of the page. Weapon models get updated with the texture once they are finished. Only one weapon doesn't have a picture. Weapons are grouped according to class. Our man Gryphon has finished a very detailed list of weapon characteristics and ammo types, which we will be integrating into the Armory soon.

------------------
Warren
Project Coordinator
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Questions? Are you a FNG? Check out our Roadmap.
Then check out our FAQ.

Yorb

0wn3r
Mar 17, 2000
www.yorb.net
Ah, thank you for the clarification. =) So are you really going to have that many weapons in 3.0? Wow. Won't that be...confusing? ...Excessive? ...Redundant? I mean some of those pistols are so close it seems like, why bother?

But oh well. I suppose you know what you're doing. =)

White Rabbit

Mar 19, 2000
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Visit site
Why will there be 3 types of MP5's? Can't one do the job of the other two? Are there particular features about each MP5 that make it impossible to do without just one?

Also, why is there a Five SeveN and SoCom? Are they so essential and unique that the Beretta and Desert Eagle can't be used instead?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, I'm sincerely curious why you've decided to be redundant with weapons, or for what purpose there is for so many clones.

Sometimes more is better and the people who would've done those extra two MP5's and two hand guns could instead work on much needed soldier/terrorist models.

One other question, what about the M16 will make players pick it over the M4? Just worried that a good weapon might be put away in favour of a superior one.

(sorry if this note sounds sour, it wasn't intended that way)

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Well, first off, I agree, the armoury should get cleaned up a little, and Gryphon should petition you guys to spell "armoury" correctly... heh...

I just think putting in page links to sort the weapon by class and then by caliber would be good, so referencing a particular weapon wouldn't be that hard. Removing the pics from the page and breaking the page up into a detailed chart would be cool, with pics available on demand, and a brief summary of what those pics are (skinned, unskinned, 3DStudioMax, In-Game) whatever.. would be cool...

secondly, White Rabbit, A Five-seveN, A SOCOM, an AE, and a Beretta are all different weapons, different calibers, different ammo types. There is never just one right or wrong caliber for the job. The task at hand is what dictates the type of load you need to carry. What may make the M16 favoured over the M4? Being a newer weapon, the M4 will most likely be more expensive on the loadout screen, and therefore some people might want the M16 to be able to perform almost just as well, but also may be able to save up for a decent sidearm...

I think your post completely neglects the entire load out and monetary value theory, since if one weapon can perform almost as well as another, does not mean that you might wanna spend an extra $2000 to get the better weapon. Maybe you want some claymore mines to go along with it, or something like that.

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
First off, the mp5s. Tey will all be differantly priced. The mp5/40 will be the expensive gook. The mp5 will be more affordable and have the advantage of the surefire tactical light attachment. The PDW although cheap and slightly less accurate also has a slightly higher ROF.

The handguns. We wanted to have a good mix of calibers. Many of you may ask why choose the M9 when you can pick up a 5-7, SOCOM or DE.

Well. the answer is simple. The 5-7 fires an armor piercing round but is a poor stopper compared to the M9. The SOCOM has a slow moving bullet that is innefective against armor but is the only handgun that uses a silencer and a LAM(beware giving away position). And the DE is the heavy puncher, unfortunately, because of it's size and weight, it's slow out of the holster, and it's recoil will ensure your point of aim will move off center quite a bit.

The M16 will be cheaper than the M4 of course.

Bad.Mojo

Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
I think that means I was right... man, I wish I was eloquent. Well, I am eloquent, just not when I'm practicing my "frat boy" habits.

Warren

Infiltration Project Coordinator
Nov 24, 1999
Portland, OR
www.sentrystudios.com
And for final clarification, from an American Webster's Dictionary..

ar mor y (ar' mer i) n. place where arms are stored; building for headquarters and drill area of National Guard unit; arsenal.

Yeah, we Americans are biased to our own language, imagine that /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

We do have technical reasons and differences for the weapons we have, and in the end it all comes down to variety. And we won't be sacrificing quality for content.

------------------
Warren
Project Coordinator
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Questions? Are you a FNG? Check out our Roadmap.
Then check out our FAQ.

hunchback

Mar 25, 2000
Oakdale, CA, USA
www2.ucsc.edu
Bad.Mojo:

You mean, "I wish I _were_ eloquent." /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sorry, it was too good to pass up, sort of like grammar flames where the author misspells the word as "grammer".

If it makes you feel any better, I almost misspelled "misspells" in this post. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bad.Mojo

Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Yes, to true. Though I was kinda really bashing myself... but that's cool. I make a lot more sense when there's little to no liquor in my system, and I don't think my brain can search that far back in time.