Jailbreak 2004c: Bug fixes we've got already, so what about features?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mychaeel

Continued from this posting over in the support forum...

Trueblood said:
I never thought that when you said the private forums were always empty you would have to post out here xD but then again, how many read this? ;)
Well, Zed has had his pessimistic moods now and then in the recent past. I don't think things are always as black as he occasionally painted them. ;)

I think we've almost got enough new bug reports (and, more importantly, solutions) since the ECE release to warrant another Service Pack sometime in the near future. (Note I didn't say "in two weeks.")

Now, of course we'll fix bugs, but what about features? I'm not looking for things that radically change gameplay, but if there are any suggestions that would add to the fun of a match of Jailbreak, I'd like to hear about them. Things that come into my mind are...
  • Jail Fights Add-On -- there's even an unfinished version lying around somewhere, I think, so either someone could finish it, or it could be created from scratch. The idea is that jail-fighting players get awards for several kills in a row -- stuff that's fun like weapons, for example.
  • Spray Paint Mutator -- I've been working on a spray paint mutator (not specifically for Jailbreak, but certainly of good use there) that allows players to paint text and custom icons on walls. They could even be persistent across matches. It's about half-finished at the moment.

...and what's crossing your minds? :D

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Yeah, I can be a bit pessimistic. Nevermind :)

The CoreDev forum also has a Radar Addon floating about. It works, but suggestions for effects and improvements were never implemented. I think it would be good for this to be finished. For those with Dev access, click here

You could also officially include the NoJailKill and SpoilsOfVictory addons.

Are we going to include fixes to any maps? I'm thinking of the Oasis problem (also that antiportal bug CoolDude found a while ago), but maybe they arent sufficient to warrant a new version.

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
I`d like to see the spray paint idea :) i have many evil ideas...clean of course, but evil :D

How about Jazzing up the sheild gun to make a full sheild that bumps players about?
All it would be is Alt fire would be a thin sheild that would cover the whole player, best to keep the reduced damage part BUT! if it were to touch a human player, it should send them flying at high speeds :) (think bumper cars) but the impact shouldnt hurt much (or not at all) because thats what primary fire is for :biggrin2:
It would be great to bump people in jail "sumo style" without damage, maybe try and have "prisoner tennis" :lol: Also during the level, sneek up on campers and knock them off their high ledge and alllll the way down :)

-=DARCHANGEL=-

Burning in Hell and loving it!
I like the spray paint idea too - the amount of time I spend in jail I could to a 5 stroke tally - hehehe.

Being able to carry across maps (maybe server stay resident) would be great. Leave a slogan on a wall for others and if the walls get too crowded, have the mutator settings clean it. Hmmmm..... Kilroy returns lol

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
One suggestion I have is to reintroduce the gibbing result of a drawn arena match. One moment you're fighting, the next you've been teleported back into jail. I think the gibbing of the arena players is a good way to end the fight in a draw, rather than a teleportation.

-=DARCHANGEL=-

ZedMaestro said:
One suggestion I have is to reintroduce the gibbing result of a drawn arena match. One moment you're fighting, the next you've been teleported back into jail. I think the gibbing of the arena players is a good way to end the fight in a draw, rather than a teleportation.

Or another immediate re-match in a different arena?....

-=DARCHANGEL=-

Trueblood said:
I`d like to see the spray paint idea :) i have many evil ideas...clean of course, but evil :D

How about Jazzing up the sheild gun to make a full sheild that bumps players about?
All it would be is Alt fire would be a thin sheild that would cover the whole player, best to keep the reduced damage part BUT! if it were to touch a human player, it should send them flying at high speeds :) (think bumper cars) but the impact shouldnt hurt much (or not at all) because thats what primary fire is for :biggrin2:
It would be great to bump people in jail "sumo style" without damage, maybe try and have "prisoner tennis" :lol: Also during the level, sneek up on campers and knock them off their high ledge and alllll the way down :)

Or what about jail-specific weapons from a jail locker only, that get taken away on release? i.e. Chains, whips and maces etc...

Hmmm.... maybe i've had too many visits to Mrs Palm and her daughters - :lol:

Last edited:
what about 1 team gets the pick of the usual weapons, the other maybe get some basic weapons, like mentioned - chains, whips and maces etc.

The team with the basic weapons have to leg it and avoid capture and jail as long as poss - maybe with no chance of release.
Once everyone is found, the teams swap roles and have to avoid capture even longer.

maybe include some sort of anti camper to prevent long term camping?

or maybe the first person killed has to leg it with a basic weapon and has to aviod jail as long as poss, and the person who captures the hunted is then hunted and must last longest. Anyone killed stays in jail.

Not very well thought out but they are just ideas. :)

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
How about some JBIII style clientside configurable options:
- Automatically switch to Arena Cam when an arena match is starting
- Switch around the releasebutton colours (Here we go again :p )
- Automatically switch to the Scoreboard at the end of the game (nevermind this one, it's aready in)

Last edited:

RabidZombie

Freshly Removed Brains at half price!
Apr 29, 2004
The_Head said:
Yay Get out of jail free card, I came up with that idea ages ago. Also Jrubzjeknf still hasn't finished his custom celebration lines mut.

Sorry about the Bump, but the head has a point. CCL hasn't been finished and it would be best if that was included!

Also maybie there could be the possablity of having more than 2 people in an arena, so like its 2v2 or 4v4..., and only the survivers escape so like 2 reds die and all blues die, only the 2 reds get out. It could be non even teams if there isn't enough. Though will this be map specific, or an option in the game settings (or a mut)?