UT3 [beta] CTF-Outpost (Very small map)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shivan Hunter

May 29, 2009
Made this over the weekend- a very small CTF map. I've recommended 2-6 players, and there are only 12 playerstarts. It's possible to make a flag capture in about 7 seconds flat.

[screenshot]http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5961/ctf2g.png[/screenshot]

There is a rocket launcher, super health and sniping perch in the surrounding wilderness. It's up to you to find them :p.

Works with bots, but they never go out to get any of the health vials or items mentioned above, they mostly stay around the bases.

I need some feedback!

DOWNLOAD

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
Good idea about making a close-quarter CTF map. I was hoping to do this with reviving Gael, but yours may be better. Made for an interesting matchup, love this idea.

I've always had a thing for close-quarter gameplay, those full-scale, fancy-schmancy maps leave you admiring the architecture so much, that you forget that you have a horde of combatants on your six. I'm one of those "get down to business" types, and Galacticus Prime and this map here seem to share our common goal to bring old-school close-quarter mapping back to its roots. Congrats!

Last edited:

Shivan Hunter

May 29, 2009
I don't know anything about bots taking a bath- there are no watervolumes in the level- but the map is fully pathed. I would have mentioned it otherwise.

Now, bots never go and get the rocket launcher or sniper rifle, probably because it's too long a distance for too little reward (I may need to do something about that) but they function properly in terms of capping flags.

Shivan Hunter

May 29, 2009
well, I suppose it could be CTF-Outpost. But since that's what I named the thread, it's unlikely- I wouldn't want to tell you the map name, of all things! Also the pic is a lie too, like the cake.

The map is actually called CTF-TurdDriveSuxCox.ut3

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
TurdDrive, when the person tells you botpathing has been added, it suffices to say that it has also been rebuilt. Furthermore, if you go asking for the level's name while it's displayed in the topic's name and the first post's name, it becomes very hard to not believe you're being an ass.
It may be a bit over the top of ShivanHunter to give you such a response but it's not altogether so strange for it to have happened with the way you've posted in this topic.
Play nice.