Any rumors floating around about UT2?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Feb 4, 2000
Visit site
Just wondering if it will be out by XMas. But I imagine Epic is keeping a tight lid on it.

blackdaisy1.jpg

RizMan

rizm0
Jan 7, 2000
Luxembourg
cgi.ethz.ch
As seen on PCGamer, Unreal2 is due for first quarter 2002.
U2 will be produced be Infogrames.
Epic is now officially working on Unreal Warfare. However, there hasn't been any release date set. Don't expect it before next year though.

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Sapphire dear, you must read the PU news page more often:).

Oh, just received this email from a good source:

Legend Entertainment (in partnership with Epic) is developing Unreal 2,
the
single-player focused sequel to Unreal 1.

Unreal Warfare...now, what stytle of game could that be? :)

-Tim

Of course, Tim could be anybody;).

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
Tim's a good man, he's kind of tied down with what he can and cannot release. But as you can see, there will be two great games coming out soon. My guess, Unreal Warfare will be out by 3 Quarter 2001:).

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
*sniff*

Now I'm getting all misty eyed with the memories of playing Unreal, waiting for any rumors of that Unreal Tournament thingie that Epic was pretty tight lipped about.

I remember how they would release screenshots and several map makers would try and duplicate them with U1 tools, while word about something called a mutator got the scripters trying their own versions . . .

Memories . . .

0bside0

Transmogriphying...
Jul 20, 2000
Seattle, WA
www.klondike5.us
*wahhhh* I just when I was able to run UT with decent rates! JK

I remember those days. I was away from this board for a long time until just 4-6 months ago, but I remember way back to the time SimplyCosmic speaks of... when this forum looked much different and was even S l o w e rrrrrr. ... anyone tell me whatever happened to IMAWHORE? Or has he respawned elsewhere under a different alias. I will look back fondly on all of his colorful posts... seriously they were intelligent arguements, though full-0-fury.

Cheers

Pillsbury Flow Boy

The Stairway to Revvin'
Jan 22, 2001
CC,NV,USA
www.knightgames.net
bwhahaha, I'm laughing...

Sorry, but I love this place...

I feel that Unreal 2... of course... is the sequel to Unreal, wheras Unreal Warfare will be the sequel to Unreal Tournament, but that's just the way I've been thinking over this whole situation... alot of rumors, and speculation lead to one thing, false hopes... Just remember, if you hear nothing by the end of this year, it's not coming out :D

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
In defense of the admins who said that stuff to you Simply; nothing was confirmed about either sequels until recently. Even now, Unreal Warfare may not be the real name. Epic has to be tight lipped about the future title.

All we know now, is that there are two games, one based off of the single player and a possible mutliplayer version (maybe). So, rumors will run rampant and debates will continue until Epic releases more precise information. We do know that nothing will be released until later this year and the beginning of 2002.

Knowing that, we can expect Epic to release more info by this summer. Anything else, is rumors. But we will try to be accurate with whatever information we receive. But even that, can change.