XMP sooo much better than UT2K4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dru998

Ra/\/Ger
Feb 1, 2004
Just finished playing a few rounds of UT2K4 and all I have to say is Blahhh!! It felt like I was playing Quake 3 all over again :lol:. I love XMP!! I have not played any of the Unreal Tournaments but what do people see in these games? I thought the guns were pretty horrid and the effects were kinda lame. The models seem to be really skinny and just plain crappy ;) . Im sticking to XMP. Its a much better thought out and designed game overall :D. Im going to do as that other post said, try and recruit some more people to play XMP.

DJM312

Beta tester
Oct 3, 2003
Bristol,Ct.
Visit site
Ya know I tried to get into UT2K4 , played over and over . It just doesn't have it like XMP does . UT2K4 is UT2K3 with exception of onslaught . Is it worth buying ? Probably just to say I have it and to mess around with the Leviathan . But XMP rules . Peace - (Beta )Dman .

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Yeah here comes the fanboy war.... 2K4 or XMP. I can hardly wait. Looks like it's started already.

[xF]PR3D470R

My Vengeance Is Everlasting
Jan 20, 2004
KC
Why can't XMP and UT get along?

I think they are both good in their own ways. Really I treat these as two different games (well, b/c they are :D). I like XMP for it's strategy. I like UT(99,2k3,2k4) for it's more fast paced gameplay. Both look great and play great, although UT2K4 has XMP beat on vehicles ;) I do like the new game type, Onslaught, albeit not as advanced as XMP, it does bring a new twist on UT. XMP is really nothing like any game I've played before. The minute I played it I was hooked, same way w/ UT. In conclusion:

XMP: :tup:
UT(99,2k3,2k4): :tup:

.:AlphaOne:.

Omega
Jan 17, 2004
I like them both allot (there's a special place in my heart for XMP of course), but Ive been playing 2k4 nonstop since it was released. I love onslaught, ctf, and it's really good to see assult missions again. also, I can play 2k4 with bots, so when im at work w/ no internet connection, I can keep myself entertained :D

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Nemephosis said:
Yeah here comes the fanboy war.... 2K4 or XMP. I can hardly wait. Looks like it's started already.

Mark my words I will win!!!1

but in all seriousness I still think I was right all along. I'm sure xmp is great in it's own right but it just can't stand up to the power of ut2004. I woudln't be surprized if xmp gets totally phased out in the next few months.

Tsylatac

International Seahorse Inseminator
Apr 5, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
XMP and ONS are two completely different styles of game... you can't really compare them because ONS is more or a fragfest and XMP is all about capturing those artis. Sure, they both have nodes to control, and vehicles, but they're both used to completely different ends... and ONS doesn't have classes or any of that shiznit. Conclusion: I like both of them. I don't see any problem with the two games co-existing :)

Dead_Metal

I'm something - But I don't know what.
Feb 13, 2004
XMP and UT2k4

Mind you I can understand where everyone is coming from, its understandable, XMP is great, and well UT2k4 is good.........

:eek: :biorifle:
Well wrap your minds around the concept that XMP IS A FINISHED PRODUCT, as UT2k4(Beta) IS NOT - hence BETA - pfft I'll be mapping for both - XMP-CloseQuarters is almost done .....good luck, a map that requires some skills

pfft, recruiting for u2 mod ---- laters

Guyver1

Sep 13, 2000
www.doazone.btinternet.co.uk
its amazing how some morons will try to compare a CLASS based game to a generic first person shooter where every1 has the same abilities.........

i'll leave my other comments for the other thread ive started

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
They are both free, I call it a win-win situation. However XMP has an editor, albiet a buggy one, is still better than none.
I need to play more UT2k4 before I'm won over. Sure onslaught is cool, but what it comes down to is the style of gameplay one enjoys. XMP isn't deathmatch. UT2k4 doesn't have Class structure. They are different games, what you like is upto you, saying one is better comes down to personal preferences, not reality. Afterall, it's UNREAL!!!

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
lol
the XMP jugger could beat the crap out of the tank in 2k4
i like onslaught but it didn't feel as strategic as XMP (if you are down to one generator you can forget it) while XMP you can sneak and retake one which has no defence (due to locking you cant do that)

Dead_Metal

Feb 13, 2004
I agree with Twrecks - how can you seriously compare the two? then you have to look at the fact that is only opinion, one thing I have to say good job to the Unreal staff ppl

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
It doesn't matter if you can't realistically compare the two because they are different games. Fact is they're both competing especally in the clan scene. You can't seriously think that ut2k4 won't have a severe impact on xmp.

Dead_Metal

Feb 13, 2004
oooo tackleboxes

Yeah
well um, dunno, i'm an unreal junky....anyone want to hire me in the fanboy war...I'll fight on either side (sarcasm) - neways um

If i could get koS running i'd recruite and i would have a clan for xmp and ut2k4.....and a lil aao maybe....X_X sf pfft

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
TWD said:
It doesn't matter if you can't realistically compare the two because they are different games. Fact is they're both competing especally in the clan scene. You can't seriously think that ut2k4 won't have a severe impact on xmp.

Do you even play XMP?

No?

Then why are you posting here?

Dead_Metal

Feb 13, 2004
Ducks and Quackers

You know you answered for him so how do u know if he plays XMP or not ? ---------uh oh

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Dead_Metal said:
You know you answered for him so how do u know if he plays XMP or not ? ---------uh oh

Ummm, I talk to TWD on a daily basis in IRC.

And I've been playing him in FragBU and been on TeamSpeak with him since 2k3 came out.

I know TWD very well, probably as well as I know anyone online.

I offered to mail him U2 with the full version so he could try it out but he declined.

Not that any of this is your business.....

Status
Not open for further replies.