What's the best mod so far?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Here's a good question: out of the mods out right now, like Infiltration, U4E, RAUT, Slave Master and Strike Force (well, it'll be out tomorrow), which do you guys consider to be the best one? Don't exclude Infiltration because it's not online capable yet. :(

------------------
The66thDopefish
a.k.a. The Dopefish

"What's the most dumbest creature in the universe? Why, of course, the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal. It's so stupid that it thinks if you can't see it, it can't see you. One way to avoid the BugBlatter Beast is to throw a towel over your head."

G-Man

Mar 11, 2000
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Visit site
None of them are really completed yet so it's hard to say. I've tried a lot of them and I just get an incomplete feeling from most of them.

The only one that I have played rather extensively is RA so I guess that would be my vote, but it needs work.

I'm really looking forward to some mods because I need something to freshenup my UT experience, its like wearing your favorite shirt everyday, it needs a bit of a wash every once in a while!

bullet2.gif

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not to deserve them."
-Mark Twain

Lunatic

Nov 29, 1999
chino ca 91710
Visit site
Rocket arena is hands down the best mod out there. Come on, its being made by Epic Employees! The maps rock, it brings a whole new style of play to the game that emphasizes skill rather than item and weapon domination, and it brings a gladitorial aspect to the game. Rock!

poopie.gif

LonlyWarrior|BuF

The Resurection
Apr 25, 2000
Uk..still
Visit site
well, for me AgentX , the weapons are just toooo coool hehe
specialy me ol' AK 47
infiltration doesn't work for me, i play it and win two seconds later witha frag count of twenty two ??? Flattering but not so fun.

bullet2.gif

In the Kingdom of the Blind the One-Eyed man is King!

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Here's another question: do you think Beppo and the Infiltration guys released an online version of Infiltration to compete with Strike Force?

bullet2.gif

The66thDopefish
a.k.a. The Dopefish

"What's the most dumbest creature in the universe? Why, of course, the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal. It's so stupid that it thinks if you can't see it, it can't see you. One way to avoid the BugBlatter Beast is to throw a towel over your head."

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
I think they all have their own good qualities. One mod that probably won't ever see the light of day but probably should have is RealTCTF. Remember RealCTF all you Unreal originals? Y'know, the mod that let us have CTF for Unreal? Yeah, that one. Well, while mouse (the head cheese at their forum...get it: mouse, cheese... :)) said that RealTCTF was probably not going to happen, he (I can't remember if mouse is male or female) didn't say that RealCreeper or the RealBeamer wouldn't make an appearance sometime down along the line. RealCreeper, for those of you who aren't familiar with RealCTF, is an advanced relics system (yep, more relics) that has about 20 relics in all. Many of them do adverse things to the game. The RealBeamer is an advanced translocator that, once you beam an object, pulls you towards or repels you away from it. Handy when you need to return the flag. I can't wait to see those released, but mouse was supposed to make an official announcement at the end of March.

bullet2.gif

The66thDopefish
a.k.a. The Dopefish

BeerGun

consultant in beerology
Feb 2, 2000
Toronto area
Visit site
RAUT rocks my nutz.... once perfected will likely become the preferred mod for 1v1...

bullet2.gif

"It's hard to beat a person until they go unconscious. After that, it gets a little easier."

Otter

Feb 8, 2000
www.splatts.com
rocket arena :) the others are great but this ones gonna stand out :)

bullet2.gif

so this guy walks up to me at the bar and says "i wanna take you home and
UT you silly" and i said "don't call me silly you mean bastard"... oh how
we larfed...

jrm

Apr 2, 2000
RocketArena!!!

Too bad there's only about 2-12 ppl on at a time.

bullet2.gif

plop plop fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is!!!