Major UT3 Update Details

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Steam achievements... so does that mean only people with the steam version can get achievements, or can I (I have steam but I only have a regular copy of UT 2004) add UT 2004 to my steam games and also get achievements too?
(no fair if I can't get achievements - it'd give me a reason to play online again)
We're trying to get confirmation on this - stay tuned.

Also, it only applies to UT3.

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

UT3 Expansion

You mean the part that implies there is alot more than the list you posted? Don't get me wrong - I'm hopeful and I appreciate this list. But I think my comment is right that this is just a patch list for now. If it winds up more than that, well - we'll see :)

We've decided that the best way to deliver the UT3 expansion we've been hinting about is in two parts. This patch is the first part. We aren’t quite ready yet to start going into detail about the bonus content and gametypes that will be in the Titan Pack, which is substantially bigger than any bonus pack we've released in the past.

MeepZero

ph34r t3h m33p
Feb 4, 2003
Ohayo
Visit site
From whoever
I don't want to oversell this feature and have you guys be disappointed. We've made a lot of specific changes to the menus to make them easier to use, like improving them for mouse use, improving the color scheme, adding a lot of options, streamlining the menu flow, and making it easier for mod authors to use. However, the enhanced UI in this patch is still recognizably based on the existing UT3 UI.

Either way, thank you for a huge push at breathing some life back into something we all are so passionate about. Thanks Epic! :D

Alopexau

Mar 28, 2005
This had me at 'saves instant action settings'.

Though can someone give me a reason why epic has never, ever implemented maplist randomization?

Last edited:

Cryton

Loafing Bast
Nov 11, 1999
London, UK
www.fce2.eu
You're an idiot.

Name one game that was perfect the day it was released. I personally can't think of any. Every game needs updates, patches and bonus packs to get it to where it "should" be.

Few games are perfect when they're released, but by the same token few games are as shoddy as UT3, especially supposed AAA titles. And if you think UT3 was anywhere near acceptable on its initial release then that quite definitely makes you the idiot my friend.

Even after three large patches it's still missing many features that anyone who's ever played an on-line fps has come to expect, and indeed features that UT2004 had. The fact that over 5 months have passed since the previous patch and UT3 is looking deader than corduroy jeans with pockets in the knees shows how crappy the game still is after over a year after release. I mean, just look at the fundamental changes that should have been in the game from day 0 this patch is bringing.

I'm not exactly sure what your beef is with my post - perhaps you should go back and read it a couple of times more, because whatever context or spin you're reading it with is wrong. Now let's not turn this thread into a flame war.. PM me if you have anything else to add. Thanks.

Last edited:

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
Increased Goliath health.

Dogger

Oct 4, 2004
Nice one, not too sure about the tank boost, but im really liking the manta and other similar vehicles fixes as with the rest of the fixes also.

Beelzebud (Satanas)

Jul 15, 2003
This brings a huge smile to this jaded old gamer's face.

Is this the return of Epic for their PC fans? It's looking like it just might be.

Tweakd

Multiplayer notepad ftw!
Feb 20, 2008
Scotland
We've decided that the best way to deliver the UT3 expansion we've been hinting about is in two parts. This patch is the first part. We aren’t quite ready yet to start going into detail about the bonus content and gametypes that will be in the Titan Pack, which is substantially bigger than any bonus pack we've released in the past.

You know what the best part about all this is? A dev (presumably) actually posted. :D Hooray for Epic!

I think it's a very smart idea releasing in two parts as well. Glad to see someone has their thinking cap on.

Also anyone else think they should release a new demo to draw in new players?

Absolutely! Perhaps once the expansion is released they could throw together a quick demo. Even better would be to allow the demo to be played with retail players like 2k4. It couldn't do any harm and would boost player numbers considerably. Please take note Epic.

Last edited:

EggSuckingLeech

Jul 27, 2004

Thanks for the clarification (assuming you actually are someone with authority :)).

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
We're trying to get confirmation on this - stay tuned.

Would be great, but I think it might be pretty hard for them to do? Basically you'd need to convert your existing CD-Key into something from the Steam CD-Key pool (or however Steam copies work with UT3's master server). The problem being that if it's not possible to do a straight conversion then what happens with the original CD-Key from the retail box? Obviously can't let someone have a second license for free (although it would be an excellent way to rapidly expand the player base).

If they do find a way for this to happen, I'll probably switch over too.

Also anyone else think they should release a new demo to draw in new players?

YES. It's been overdue since the first three patches. Patched retail easily sees twice the performance as the demo version.

Last edited: