Would you say the weapons of UT2 are too similar to that of UT?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Eh? EH?! :)

• Yeah! Shut yo face yo f00!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No! But you can still shut yo face yo f00!

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Myrmidion

Re-edifying the post-panarchic duodonemy
Jan 28, 2001
Firstly, I'm gonna say that I feel there's no right or wrong to this, because each has ups or downs. Firstly, you've got the advantage of similar weapons being that they're tried and tested, and found to work well with each other, (heck, I believe the shotgun has been with ID 7 times now, although I'll need to check that out :)).

(Incidentally, if a DE guy sticks his noggin in here -will the weapons have clips?- :))

However, there is the possibility people might get bored with a set of core weapons, and people jumping in at the deep end might be at a disadvantage from people who've been using the weapons for about 2 years now. :)

I dunno, I was vaguely hoping for a completely new weaponset, but the current line-up seems solid :)

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
One of the things I liked about U2 are the unique and completely new weapons. I would have loved to play with them in multiplayer. A Mindclaw, Takkra, Skaarjclaw, ... would have been a nice change over the 746th iteration of the AssaultRifle, Rocketlauncher, Shotgun and SniperRifle.

The link gun sounds very interesting. I'm really looking forward to that.

I hope DE come up with a lot of new and unique "combo" weapon modes for the UT2 weapons.