Playng my level on sigleplayer, how i do it?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

wattstone

Nov 29, 2005
Planet earth, Brazil
I´m making a map with UrealED 3.0, and before finish it, i just want to take a look in the gameplay, but i don´t know how to import my map into the game ( i´m playing UT 2k3 ). What i need to do, or where i can find a tutorial that show how to finish a map?

Thanks.

P.S: I am placing some screens of my map. This is first one, but i think that is a good map for a beginner.
( It´s not finished yet)

Attachments

• DM1.JPG
    DM1.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 40
  • DM2.JPG
    DM2.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 35
  • DM3.JPG
    DM3.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 35

wattstone

Nov 29, 2005
Planet earth, Brazil
Thanks, but i still have some problems, i have placed 3 "playerstart" but only one seems to work ( the first that i´ve placed ), when i play the level the bots and me only respawn at this location. And they don´t follow the path nodes. But i´m working on it...

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Try rebuilding your map (Rebuild All). In any of the Editor view frames, right click on the frame and turn on "View > Show paths", this should give you a clear indication if your pathing is connected properly.

Attachments

• help1.jpg
    help1.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 22

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
I thought they have some command line thingy for ucc.exe to "convert" from ut03.

I see, you don't have ut04.

Last edited:

wattstone

Nov 29, 2005
Planet earth, Brazil
ReD_Fist said:
I see, you don't have ut04.

Not yet... But I want to continue maping when i "BUY" ut 2k4
The bots play in the map, but i need to remake the path and replace the path nodes... They Just look like noobs in this map

I place more screenshots from a little piece of the map that i create today. There is also a "modified" ion painter with a blade attached to it. I want to create some kind of a saw, but this is not a pick up, or a mod, its just detail...

Attachments

• DM4.JPG
    DM4.JPG
    335.8 KB · Views: 30
  • DM5.JPG
    DM5.JPG
    272.5 KB · Views: 29
  • DM6.JPG
    DM6.JPG
    341.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

wattstone

Nov 29, 2005
Planet earth, Brazil
Ok, the gameplay is much better, thanks to everyone!

I just have more one problem. In my map i build a foundry, with some machines and lava. So i want to make the player die when he fall in this lava pit. So i create and configure the zoneinfo, and put it inside the pit. But when someone play the map he burn in the same second.when he spawn. So i reopen the editor and try to ajust the zoneinfo. So when i try to play again notting happens, the player don´t die, even if he jump into the lava pit and try to take a bath in the lava flow... hehehe

I attached this screenshot with the lava pit. Someone know how to make the zoneinfo works in this small space? (the emmiter is just a fire particle)

Attachments

• zonelava.JPG
    zonelava.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Look at your map in ZOne view, If your pit is trully a seperate zone it will be a different color from the rest of the map...
However in UT2003 Epic introduced VOLUMES. No longer do water zones, lava zones, well any liquid/pressure zone work. Instead make a Lava volume (Brush).
You can brush up on Volumes on either the UDN or Wiki.
Hint: Volumes are one of the builder brushes in the left tool bar, beware the flyout, it matters.

Cyrsss Female Dog

..Submarine..
Nov 26, 2005
Desk
Twrecks said:
Look at your map in ZOne view, If your pit is trully a seperate zone it will be a different color from the rest of the map...
However in UT2003 Epic introduced VOLUMES. No longer do water zones, lava zones, well any liquid/pressure zone work. Instead make a Lava volume (Brush).
You can brush up on Volumes on either the UDN or Wiki.
Hint: Volumes are one of the builder brushes in the left tool bar, beware the flyout, it matters.

Yeh,Volumes are with UNRed3.0 instead of zones.It can be good to add two volumes (fall through one into the other,not put both in same space) as this can create interesting realistic consequence,regarding dying,as in less gravity 1st(lava is very hot so time 'might' slow down before actually falling into it,2nd,the lava for death.

Last edited: