Déjà Vu v2.0, Soon

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
This is version two of the UnrealSP.Org anniversary map pack. Version 1.01, put together in a rush, was released on June 21st last year.

Version 2.0, with four new maps and all the others expanded and / or improved, has been a year in the making, with a lot of testing carried out in recent weeks. It should be fully fit for coop as well as SP. For UT with Oldskool Amp'd.

dvscreen1.jpg
dvscreen2.jpg

dvscreen3.jpg
dvscreen4.jpg

Stay tuned to http://www.unrealsp.org. We wanted to release it on June 21st this year, but a late addition may hold things up somewhat while it is completed and tested.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... then... why posted in *Unreal* section? Just being picky :p ...

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
A year in the making? That's good to hear :)
Last version just didn't feel right, at all. And what's worse, I don't think I'll ever want to play it again :-/
Well, that's the past. Things have changed now.

What about those two final maps? They never really felt well... connected ?
I mean, one moment you're in a valley. You take a teleporter to some sort of abandoned temple. Just felt a bit strange.

Ah heck, I'm sure this version is so much different from the previous one :)

Can't wait to play it :B

Turboman

deRegistered user
May 4, 2002
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Visit site
NeoNite said:
What about those two final maps? They never really felt well... connected ?
I mean, one moment you're in a valley. You take a teleporter to some sort of abandoned temple. Just felt a bit strange.

whats so strange about that? i think a teleporter from a skaarj outpost on an artificial sky island to a passage with a titan is just as strange :rolleyes:

anyway i am really looking forward to this, the original deja vu was a good reason for me to install ut, ill probably reinstall it for dv2.0 :tup:

ps, is the ending still the same? cuz i thought the dv1 ending well... was a ripoff :lol:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I don't know it just never felt right.
Not trying to be a nitpicker here (AAAH hell no ;-)...), it's just the previous maps you were in settings with valleys and eh.. a castle I think?
Then you teleport to that temple.

Some maps just didn't feel as if they were really connected.
A change of environment.

I wish we could all agree, wouldn't it be nice ;-)

Eh about the ending: Is it co-op optimised this time for real?

Turboman, that rolleyes smiley is dangerous. Because you see, one day

IT WILL EAT YOU!

For real!

:D

Turboman

deRegistered user
May 4, 2002
Visit site
well but that makes sense because teleporters can basically connect every area with eachother, its even possible that a teleporter on outpost 3j leads to a filthy bathroom somewhere in a subway in NY :)

so let that be a lesson for everyone, dont enter a teleporter when you dont know where the other side is in real-life ;)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I would've preferred the final map to be infested with skaarj or something like that. Those boss fight things tend to get a bit .. repetative, sometimes boring.

Heck ;-) No real complaints here don't worry.

I once entered a teleporter and telefragged someone. That was the day, oh yes.
The day I discovered how to get a free shower.
:tup:

Turboman

deRegistered user
May 4, 2002
Visit site
NeoNite said:
I would've preferred the final map to be infested with skaarj or something like that. Those boss fight things tend to get a bit .. repetative, sometimes boring.

Heck ;-) No real complaints here don't worry.

I once entered a teleporter and telefragged someone. That was the day, oh yes.
The day I discovered how to get a free shower.
:tup:

well thats what im concerned about, i hate to see the same new boss used again (ugh enough warlords or queens please) but a horde of skaarj doesnt feel right either, thats what made the ONP ending so dissapointing.
so i think new bosses are the best (doesnt exactly has to be a new creature model but heavy modifications would be nice)

heh i often camped at teleporters at quake1 and telefragged my teammates when they got in :lol:

*takes cover* yes that was stupid, but it was 6 years ago OK?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Ok ;-)
When I was a newbie at quake, I played with the reaperbots (I did play online sure, but with the whole 56k thing.. you know)

So I opened the introduction map, loaded 15 bots and yes.. lots of telefrags.
It was even worse in the boss level.
These days I couldn't possibly do it anymore, but back then I enjoyed all the telefragging 0_0

Btw, the ONP ending wasn't bad really. Heck, I was relieved that there was no boss monster to slay.

And when I say a horde, I don't mean 5 or 10. I mean at least 50 or more.
All types. From skaarjwarrior to iceskaarj, from skaarjlord to berserker, and skaarjsniper to skaarjgunner.

Something in the likes off protecting "das bollwerk".
(of the currently concurred planet).

Last edited:

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
A lot of your criticisms have been addressed. All maps are now connected with proper linking areas to make them gel together; except for the teleporter before the last map (which, yes, I had reservations about from the start, and it wasn't in my original map outline - but Mr. Prophet is very independent-minded).

The gameplay of the last map has been redone with more smaller Skaarj but not hordes. The red praetorian troopers irritated me from the start and are now significantly reduced in number and power. Boss fights still involve Warlords but they are less annoying.

Map pack cycles in coop. In fact, the whole thing has been properly optimised for coop this time, as we had more than a month to build it in!

A new ending sequence? Well, suffice it to say that an offer came up in the last week or so and that's why we're going to miss the release deadline. :)

Theoretically a year in the making, and mappers have worked sporadically on it throughout that year, but a lot of the fixing and testing has taken place in the last two months. We've been using an incremental system of release candidates of maps, distributed among the whole team, to make sure everything is thoroughly checked out.

Full list of contributors since v1.01: Hellscrag, Sarevok, Naveed, Lightning Hunter, Drevlin, Frieza, Jaunie, zynthetic, Waffnuffly, MMAN UGITU, Willis, Maekh, EBM, Mr. Prophet and TechnoJF.

Map pack is now sixteen maps long instead of thirteen, and all "unfinished" maps have been finished.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
NeoNite said:
And what's worse, I don't think I'll ever want to play it again :-/
Well, that's the past. Things have changed now.

Only if other ppl happen to be on the (1.01) server also, right? ;)
/me snickers knowingly

Yeah, it is much better. I am interested on how well the new maps will be recieved since they were never part of the original plan. There's chances they may seem more out of place in a this-wasn't-here-before way, but everything is tied neatly together now.
Don't assume since the version is 2.0 this is an update, there is no patch. Yes, there are new maps the break the previous progression, but the old maps have either been changed to affect gameplay, visuals and/or redeisgned structurally.
As far as coop goes; the entire pack has been rigorously tested the past month and the server (451dedi) or clients (436 I'd assume) have yet to fail in any of our internal releases. Care has also been taken in creating gamplay elements designed for coop to see the pack progresses uninterrupted.
Overall, bugs w/ gamplay and technical elements should if anything, be at a bare minimum. Testing and revisions have been done by every member of the team, each adding thier own opinion on what could be done to make each map better.I'm confident any of the issues present in 1.01 will not be making an encore performance in 2.0
Feel free, I encourage it, to post feedback here or @ usp. Good or bad it will be appreciated and put to thought for future projects ;)