Is this a cheat!?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BradL

Not dropping the soap
Jul 9, 2001
County Jail
Visit site
Hi all,

Sorry to start another cheat thread, but I saw something last night that I didn't know was possible. I was playing CTF online and a member of the opposing team had our flag. I happened to run across him and, naturally, tried to kill him to return the flag to our base. While I was trying to shoot at him, this guy was using his xloc to teleport and WAS HOLDING ON TO THE FLAG!! He probably xloc'ed about 5 or 6 times right in front of me and he never dropped the flag, not once. It WAS NOT a situation where he was dropping it and picking it back up.

Now, I had no idea that this was possible. BTW, i don't remember if the server was CSHP...sorry :mad:

Please explain

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
He didn't really have the flag, or it was CTFM (a 4-team CTF mod) with the "enable flag translocations" option on. Jusging from that pot I would say it was number 1.

What likely happened was he had the flag and got killed, or dropped it somehow, but your machine did not get that information (packet loss) and so your computer thought he still had a flag on him.

Gamma_Sword

Terrible, Terrible Damage!
Feb 12, 2001
Not There
To see whether the opponent has a real flag or not: Check for surrounding aura. The flag carriers with real flag WILL have a surrounding aura with the color of the flag.

If no aura is seen around the character in question, then the person is not carrying the flag even if you see it.

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
you might not even need dynamic lighting off, with my video card (Riva TNT 2 Ultra) and D3d running, there are no light auras on anything in the game, on my brothers comp, the muzzle flare shows up on the ground underneath when he shoots his gun, mine doesnt do this either.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Cheats, cheats, cheats! "Hey he is shooting at me. That cheating bastard!". I'm so tired of this. Why can't you just say "I saw something weird, what was it?" without jumping to conclusions?

As Neme said it was the flag bug. If two people have the flag (one real and one bugged flag) you see two flag icons on the scoreboard.
And as said bugged flags don't glow

Screenshots here

_Zd_Ringi_

Rorschach alike
Sep 14, 2000
De Achterhoek
Hey 8-4-7-2 don't be to hard on BradL! :rolleyes:

The topic is: "Is this a cheat?". He's not accusing anyone, just asking. Nothing wrong with that! He asks just for an explanation.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
I never said he accused anyone in particular, nor did I flame him. All I got is a little bit angry.
I see no problem with that

mobace

rimmerlike :(
yeah similar thing happened to me at praccy the other day... i kept running over the blue flag while on O and i couldn't pick it up! i was like: wot the fok! wot the hell! i cant pick up the flag.

then clanmate on opposing team walked up and notified me that i was on blue team.

DOH :D

BradL

Not dropping the soap
Jul 9, 2001
County Jail
Visit site
Originally posted by [RSU]MoBAcE|PuF
yeah similar thing happened to me at praccy the other day... i kept running over the blue flag while on O and i couldn't pick it up! i was like: wot the fok! wot the hell! i cant pick up the flag.

then clanmate on opposing team walked up and notified me that i was on blue team.

DOH :D

LOL! Now that's funny!