Macintosh Infiltration Bot Tweaker

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mac_Fodder

Just 1 more post.
Oct 18, 2000
Hey all,

It's here. It took me a while some of you helped, if you did thank you. You know who you are.

There are some issues. Read the Read Me, it explains them all and talks about future plans. Some of the issues are limitaions of the tools that I used, others are things that I have not gotten a chance to optimize yet. But you can now edit your Bots on a Mac.

I'm tired, Going to get a beer and not sit infornt of a computer for a while.

Enjoy

Here are the screen shots.
Skills Screen
SkillsFinal.gif

Details Screen
DetailsFinal.gif

Go to my puny web page to download.
Mac_Fodder's Place

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
Thanks again Mac_Fodder, it helps a lot of us out immensly. Take a break for a for a while, drink a couple beers, and have some quality time with your girlfriend.
Oh, and Harpoon, shut the f*ck up. There are many more macters than you think.
And browny man, you stole my sig idea a long time ago in the infopop forums, right?;)

Chronic

unƒuckwithable
Aug 13, 2000
Thnx Mac Fodder. Sorry I didn't get around to beta testing for you man, keep me up to date with the next version and I'll help. The mac community loves you man! :D

And Harpoon, you posted less than an hour after this thread way started. Get a life.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
If only someone could program a Linux-version, then all the OS'es would have at least one bot-tweaker/editor-thingy ...

Mac_Fodder

Just 1 more post.
Oct 18, 2000
Update

Opps. I have a quick update for all of you. I just noticed that on Details screen the bot number is off by 1. I posted an update to the MIBT on my site. Now if you already downloaded it and have it runnin you don't need to download the version that comes with Dialog Director. Also the bug is purely cosmetic and does not affect the the final file when you actually quit. So there is no real need to download if you don't want to

It's jsut nice to have the numbers on the editors screen match each other and match those that are in the file.

Also I glad you all seem to be so excited. It definetly makes it worth it. I hope this thread doesn't get lost before all the Mac folks get a chance to get a hold of it.

Chronic, No worries. I still have you down as a tester for the next release. Though I'm sure that will be a little while. I know how busy people get. I just wanted to get it out before the end of the weekend so that I could reach the max number of folks. Figuring most peole are like me and really only get a chance to post and read on the weekends.

JaF0, I'm sure the community could sucker some linux guy to thinking it's easy and they they could do it, real quick. There has to be at least one that is a naive as I was. :)

Now unless some one has any real problems with the app I'm under strict orders not to touch the code for the next week. :D Though I'm thinking I may be able to develop some of the stuff with out actually going into the MIBT code and then just graft it on. Technically that would be allowed. :rolleyes: Right, Right.

Harpoon

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
Geez guys, calm down, you don't have to transform into bitch mode. The post was at the bottom, so I replied and brought it up so some people could see it. Whats the problem here?

Mac_Fodder

Just 1 more post.
Oct 18, 2000
HOLD UP

This is a happy day, erehwo|\| had something riding on this thing since he ended up being my beta tester and justed read it wrong. Hell I did the first time, but it just didin't make any sense. Why would some complain. So I reread and saw the light. Anyways, I think it's just a missunderstanding, I'm pretty sure that no one meant to get angry.

Harpoon thank you for initially bumping it up to the top. Funny part was I must of posted it right before a bunch of post on other threads came in. Because all of his took place in less than an hour after I created the thread.

And erehwo|\| thanks for looking out for us Mac folks. Though I think you may have jumped the gun a bit.

Now everyone take a deep breath and and kill some smart bots.

Thanks Mac_Fodder

Thanks alot for this excellent utility. I'm sorry I could never get around to fully beta testing it though. It does work, rest assured :)

I'll try to help as much as I can next version. I am working now, so like you I only have free time generally on weekends.

erehwo|\|, thanks for pointing me too this as well! :D

Ace[INF]

Living it up.
Jul 18, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
how embarrassing..

um, i can't make it work. i get an error that says:

«script» doesn't understand the «event DiDi Init» message.

i swear i followed the ridiculously easy directions, but apparently i redefine idiot. would someone kindly help me?

Mac_Fodder

Just 1 more post.
Oct 18, 2000
DiDi Init error

Usually it means you didn't get Dialog Director installed correctly. Just follow the Dialog Director installation instructions again. You don't need to reboot after you put the the Dialog Director Scripting Addition in the Scripting Addition Folder.Though it I would suggest you do just to make sure everything is Kosher.

You may also want to try rebuilding your Desktop to make sure that the Mac is keeping proper track of the file you have installed and where they are.

I'll try to generate the error here but I'm pretty sure that what it means. I also trapped it so I'm not sure why you would get it as opposed to my error which is a lot more discriptive. It could be that AppleScript is a little messed up. Some times when I was testing it would decied that it could not find anything in the file that was being edited. Though a reboot would solve it just fine.

Good luck and let me know if that doesn't fix it.

Last edited:

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
Sorry guys, I did jump the gun a little, but I just get pissed when 13 year old brats (not necessarily you Harpoon) that think they know everything (I'm not saying I do) and dis macs because it is "cool" to do. Most of them don't know what the hell they are talking about and/or have never used one. I will again use my favorite adage about pc vs. mac: When someone buys a BMW, you don't tell them..."You shoulda gotten yerself a Ford, they are cheaper and have more horsepower." Sorry, I am a little pissed right now. I do need to kill some smart bots.

Oh, Ace are you sure that you put the DD into the closed System Folder?

Borgiax

Mytho Mili Grave
Jul 19, 2001
Paris
Visit site
Yeah, Mac rulez ;-)

I'm really glad UT has been optimized for Glide... at least my old Voodoo 3 is still worth something. A good thing I upgraded the processor from G3/233 to G3/350, and 192MB of RAM help too. :cool:

Ace[INF]

Living it up.
Jul 18, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
As I said earlier, I did install it correctly. It seems that restarting solved the problem. :rolleyes: Can't wait to try it in-game! Thx Mac Fodder! Kick ass! (again)

Mac_Fodder

Just 1 more post.
Oct 18, 2000
Glad it's working

Ace,
I'm glad you got it working. I figured that it was just a reboot, though there is also a key that when you hit it and drop stuff on the closed sys folder it wont auto route the files. Though I can't remember what it is off the top of my head. It may also be some extra utility that I have installed, it just aslway seems to do it when I really don't want it to. But i'm glad it was just a reboot.

AppleScript seems to have problems sometimes with memory corruption. The weired part is that it doesn't cause a full system crash like in most other programs and extensions, it just does stuff like not loading Scripting Additions and other weired stuff. I've noticed that it's especially a problem when you load up your system memory to it's limits and then free it up again. Like turning UT on and off again. One time while I was testing, appleScript decided that is was going to read the file but not actually parse it. So it loaded up the app and there were not bots. I was working with the part that loads the bots and I was sure that I had broken it in some way.
I got so disgusted with it I killed power to my machine. When I rebooted it worked fine. I haven't had any errors since then but I guess when in doubt reboot.

One other thing. Just like DLL, and JaFO's bot tweakers, you can't edit bots while UT is running and expect the changes to take effect. UT seems to only parse those files when it loads them up at launch. I'll have to test it when I get a chance.