Can't leave for 2 seconds

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
New forum looks great, but I can't seem to find a lot of older threads, like the SAS thread I started. I am still unable to get those damn maps hosted. I have emailed RM several times inquiring about it, but I get the old returned email. The file size is very large, and I am unable to host it myself, or use combatmaps. This is the last call for hosting those SAS maps. I'm sick of dealing with them.

Cleeus[JgKdo]

because respawns suck
Jun 8, 2002
Germany
www.cleeus.de
jaymian said:
New forum looks great, but I can't seem to find a lot of older threads, like the SAS thread I started.

the problem is, that because of a forum bug and database problems BU had to import a backup from march 2002. Thats why a lot of posts are gone :(
but i think they are still alive in our memory :)

I am still unable to get those damn maps hosted. I have emailed RM several times inquiring about it, but I get the old returned email. The file size is very large,

how large?

Saladin

Fez Toting Warrior!
Jul 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA, USA
home.attbi.com
...all my skins were hosted here too, and if you wanted to paly on gd, you needed some of them, they are still linked to the old forums from the gd site....i need a place to host skins....must have Realskins site to host all skins created!

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
I'm currently working with Spooer to get them hosted. But I still don't mind more options if it doesn't work out. As for Combatmaps, I have single texture files that are larger than 9mb. That and the 9mb limit is a bit off. It's more like 6mb. Trust me on that. So CM is a no go. And if I remember, erehwoN, you have no way of uploading a file of 90mb. If I ever get a link, feel free to back it up. And if anybody can get a hold of RM, I did send them the files like 2 or 3 months ago. Last I checked, they still ahve the files, but just haven't posted a link yet. But like I said, all emails I send are not going through. Does anybody from RM read threads from the mapping forums anymore???

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
what i ment was that you could split the full archive using a tool like winrar or winace, so you could download it there. i'd love to host the maps, but all i could do would be to upload it to fileplanet (and i haven't uploaded any files yet, so i don't even know if i'd get this done)...

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
I can upload files of any size, I just don't have it set up so other people can upload stuff to my space (without me giving them my login info, which I'm not too keen on). So, if you get it somewhere and need it mirrored, let me know.

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
jaymain...

I recently moved to a new FTP server with 1GB of space, I am in the process of U/L the SAS-MAPPACK.zip and once done I'll put up the link, sorry for the long delay.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Damn. With a mess of files that big, I had a feeling I may have missed a few. I'll get those to you Spooge quick. So you tried all the maps? And hopefully it's only those two.

Ok, uploaded the two textures. I believe that SGtech1 came with one of the official UT bonus packs. But I included it anyway. After 90mb, why not;). I also noticed that I have a sound file in the deco zip. You'll need to watch for stuff like that. I have files all over the place because I kept redoing the zips trying to upload to various places. Never got it right. This was a huge lesson learned. Too much for one mapper. Now I sort of know how it feels to compile all the official INF maps. Not fun.

Last edited:

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Thanks a lot Spooge. At this point RM or CM could grab it if they feel like it;). I guess I could set up an actual mappack release thread. Thanks again.