Major MAC problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
I've had a problem since I got the 413 and INF 2.75.

Almost all the maps in my list where showing blank Screenshots and, when opened, UT returns a "failed to launch URL" error or something like that.

I thought first that it was because of the LARGE number of downloaded maps (and textures...).

But I finaly decided to install UT (from scratch), THE 413 Patch and INF, and at first, everything seemed OK. but when scrolling through the map list, suddenly one of the maps "went missing" and it's screen shot was blank.
Even more disturbing, right after that, allmost all maps that where originaly fine in the first scrowlldown became "blank"

WTF!??!?!

I'm really confused... especially now since I have been trying to fix the problem for at least 5 hours. grrrr

Please help!!!

------------------
--------------- Geogob --------------
Don't let your brain get infiltrated!

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Ahhhhhhh please help me!

The problem still occurs with ANY version of UT (400, 405b, 413)

Until recently I used OS 8.5.1 and I upgraded to 8.6 at the beginning of the week... on the level I can play, UT is running MUCH faster now! It's incredible! And the rendering is now perfect... but I can't play about 90% of the maps! (only the first 5 or 6 I browse through).

AHHH

[This message has been edited by geogob (edited 05-03-2000).]

Aldaron

Feb 17, 2000
Visit site
I've never heard of that problem before...
Have you tried the little update INF update that changes INF to a category?

------------------
On Macintosh Computers: Apple may not be perfect, but at least they knew the century would end!

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
As I said, I have the problem with every version of UT (400, 405b, 413) without any mod or mutator. And I also have the problem with any combination of UT adn INF (I tryed them all). In every cas the problem is there. No custom maps/textures/skin/sounds etc. where installed during the testing...

I think it's more a compatibility between my OS (not hardware because obviously UT woked fin on my previous OS) or the new ATI Drivers I installed (which certanly work better then the old ones!)

It seems that I'm in a dead end... no more UT for A while! /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

------------------

thornz

Inhuman...yes indeed
Dec 14, 1999
outer circle of hades
members.aol.com
this is oddly familiar...

the truth is 4.13 is buggy for mac, it's screwed up, period. It might have corrupted preference files, but I'm not even sure it has preferences.

ok I am being kicked out of my friends room, will write more in a bit

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
So I finaly mannaged to run UT correctly! seems it's a confilc between UT and Some system extentions!

I'm going to run, as soon as I get time, confilct catcher on this problem and I'm going to see if I can find the cause!

as soon as I find the "bad" extention' I'll inform you so this won't append to you. BTW PC user don't pay attention... this is ONLY a mac related problem :\

Yeah, it's right! Even a mac can have some bugs
sarcblink.gif
lol

just joking! it's a know fact that UT for mac is quite Unstable...

------------------