sound range

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
I got this problem with my sounds. At only 30-40 metres away, I can see bots firing their guns but I cant hear them. The range needs to be increased.

**** **** off

INF_Neo

Infiltration Sound Engineer
Nov 30, 1999
Heidelberg, Germany
Visit site
problem is this:
in outdoor terrain you could hear the guns firing some kilometres away, sure but in indoor levels it'd be quite annoying. You fire your MP5 and 16 levels underneath you someone wets his pants.

work2.gif

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
Hmm good point. I never thought of that. Maybe a possible solution would be zone properties where the mapper can declare weather its inside or outside and that could affect the range of gunshots?
Its just a minor problem i spose, but it would be nice if I could hear that damn sniper in large maps...

visor_sig.jpg

**** **** off