UE1 - UT Voice Pack Chaos

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fronjohn

Aug 7, 2008
Hey everyone spronx back from a while absence from here and im bringing you guys another problem that i always have to get....sadly

Right now im just in so much agony that a voice pack ive been working my butt off won't show up in game, the scripting is perfect, all the sounds work and are in all the strings in the default settings of my voicepack all good, is just that when i try to select it in-game it will not show up, ive change names inside the ini file cause this is how it looks:

[Public]
Object=(Name=SpronxiesOwnageVP.ownagevp,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.VoiceMale,Description="Tester")

the first line is the CORRECT package i made, and the second the ownage is the CORRECT voicepack inside the package, and the voice pack is made for MALE which is correct in the script and the description is just for testing it out in game. and ive saved everything n' all compiled the scripts NO ERRORS found while doing so, ive named the package for the voice pack the exact same name for my sounds package i made. YET ITS NOT SHOWING UP IN-GAME? So did i mess up on 1 part or what did i mismatch? Because i aint doing hours of work again just because of 1 small unfortunate error with the game... sorry guys. Before ive made one just for fun and IT ACTUALLY SHOWED UP just the sounds didn't work...

Thanks for the help though :)!!

fronjohn

Aug 7, 2008
Wait it was just that i made an ini instead of an int, because i got mismatched when the tutorial i was reading messed me up. Alright now ive made that int instead of an ini and works pretty good. Some sounds get messed up in sync though anyone know why, it is in Wav format?

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Spronx! Good to see you back.

Get yourself a good audio editor like CoolEditPro or the like. Once you downconvert audio to 8 bit mono it can get pretty crappy. Spend some time on the clean-up after that and it will really shine through on the finished product.

fronjohn

Aug 7, 2008
Spronx! Good to see you back.

Get yourself a good audio editor like CoolEditPro or the like. Once you downconvert audio to 8 bit mono it can get pretty crappy. Spend some time on the clean-up after that and it will really shine through on the finished product.

Alright ill try em out, thank you very much for the welcome back message :)

fronjohn

Aug 7, 2008
Wait which settings do i apply to make it cooperate with ut sound device or processor or what ever its called? do i make it 16 bit? or with 16 with 22050 Hz Mono or stereo or what? Because im tired of when i play the sound in-game it makes these horrifying sound staic with the default sounds, and after a while it crashes my game... :(

Also im using wavepad to compress it, its pretty good software for audio editing

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Set the sound you are going to use to 22050Hz, 8 bit, and mono. Once you downconvert to this, then you want to play it and pay close attention to any residual static. I usually filter mine twice after this to remove hiss.
I usually keep Ued open to import-test it before I use it in a mod. Sometimes you need to boost the sound level a bit to get it where you want it.

fronjohn

Aug 7, 2008
Set the sound you are going to use to 22050Hz, 8 bit, and mono. Once you downconvert to this, then you want to play it and pay close attention to any residual static. I usually filter mine twice after this to remove hiss.
I usually keep Ued open to import-test it before I use it in a mod. Sometimes you need to boost the sound level a bit to get it where you want it.

thanks i already found it out when i tried that mode, AND YESS!!! NO SYNC STATIC!!!, thanks alot for the help though gopostal, i can finally make voicepacks THAT WORK!! :lol:

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Remembering your texture work, I can't WAIT to see what you do with voices :D