Gun Control

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nickelass

In the Flesh?
Apr 4, 2002
Central Illinois
Visit site
depends on what you mean by that. i dont think that they shoould stop selling guns to the public all together, but i do think that there should be strict guidelines as to who can own a gun.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
It can go both ways. On one hand you do have a right to own a gun in the United States. But on the other hand gun's are dangerous, and to many people have proven that they can't be handled responsibly.

Sure it isn't fair to everyone else who knows how to properly handle a gun. But a gun isn't a toy, and can kill people. Sadly gun's have been used time and time again to murder. If you ban gun's it is of course not going to get rid of the problem, the problem will still be there, but it will at least lower the problem.

You could argue of course that we have cars, those are dangerous, why dont we take those away then? The difference is that people generally dont use a car, if at all to go killing someone, that isnt their intent. There is rarely ever a murder case you hear about on T.V. where someone runs someone over with their car. Although there was that one trial earlier this year about the wife running his husband over on purpose, but still, these kinda cases are rare.

You could argue that having a gun liceanse and telling people that they have to lock up their guns in a safe spot makes them safe. That is what is suppose to happen, but it doesnt seem to ever work. There are still hundreds of cases a year with accidental shootings inside of a home, mostly from children who managed to get ahold of a gun and was playing with it.

This is a hard subject, guns aren't safe period, but when handled properly they wont hurt anyone. So the question is though, since so many people cant handle them properly, and so many people die a year from guns in the United States, do you get rid of them? It isn't fair to the hunters out there for example who take good care of their guns and are very safe with them. But it isn't fair for people either to have to live in a area full of crime, and bad people with guns who aren't afraid to shoot someone at the first chance they get.

We've tried taking guns out of the hands of criminals and people who can't handle them properly, but that obviously hasnt worked very well. The truth is, when someone is buying a gun, you really cannot tell if they are going to be dangerous with that gun or not.

As you can tell I am neutral on the subject. I admit I do enjoy the look of guns, weapons are a big part of our species history. I espically enjoy looking at and reading about weapons from World War II. But it really bothers me that someone out there feels they have the right to use these guns to innoceent people.

Niamh

May 27, 2001
South Africa
Visit site
Too strict gun control methods only cause more illegal weapons floating around.
I believe in some countries the gun control laws are too strict. I shoot for enjoyment, I own a gun, but now I have to sell it because I'm moving to the UK, and I was told I can't take it into the country.

UTM0tards.com

Banned
Sep 25, 2003
I'm kinda for the whole people owning guns topic, I believe that it is a personal right that is infact given to you by the 2nd ammendment, stating that people have the right to bear arms and that that right would not be infringed upon. There are two sides however, many people are immature and do not know how to properly handle a firearm and should be taught how to do so, personally i believe that if a child shoots his friend with his fathers gun, than the father is to blame and should in fact go to jail for it, because it was his improper placement of the firearm that allowed it to happn. But also I do believe that if everyone in the country owned a gun and was taught how to properly care for it then the crime would be reduced greatly, I mean, whose going to walk into a bank with the intent of robbing it knowing that everyone behind the counter, everyone in line, and everyone there is holding a firearm somewhere and does know how to use it, it would also greatly reduce the cost of a police force and security, letting the people take care of themselves instead of having to depend on someone else and rely on them for their help, how often does 911 not respond fast enough to save someones sorry @$$?

UTM0tards.com

Banned
Sep 25, 2003
You are missing the point, if guns / bullets / whatever was banned there wouldn't be a way of enforcing it, the only people that would say "okay i give up" and turn in their banned objects would be the honest good people who have never commited a crime, all the people you are trying to take them from would still be out there claiming they didn't own any and keep on doing what they are doing, it would pretty much have reverse effect i believe.

Fluid

Zen fascists will control you
Aug 2, 2000
Maastricht, the Netherlands
So? You can protect yourself with your stun gun, and people who still own lethal weapons will be way easier to track down.

Just think about it. For what other purpose than killing someone would anyone need live bullets?

Last edited:

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
enforce the laws we have. Mandate safety training for all gun owners.

Was it Chris Rock that said bullets should cost about $5000 each. Crimes commited with guns would drop right off.

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
ZenPirate said:
You know, doctors kill more people each year than handguns do.

How many lives did you see guns save recently? What, are they using pistols to blast cancerous cells out of people's bodies? "Well done Doctor, you saved him!" "Don't thank me, thank... CHARLTON HESTON!"

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
Whats wrong with gun control? Its gun CONTROL not FORBIDDEN guns. Control is only so gov knows who ownz what gun or so. How long are you ppl gonna be the wild west? :rolleyes:

missPoopShoot

voodoo rage
Jul 13, 2003
Cambridge, UK
Visit site
Ban them or control them effectively.

Too many morons with guns in the US. I can understand that there are regulatory measures to stop morons getting guns, but the morons still seem to get them and then kill people. If they couldn't get the guns then maybe they would use knives or blunt objects (such as a badger) but there is less chance of going on a killing spree with a knife or badger.

Why should people feel the need to shoot guns for sport in today's society. I don't understand, can someone enlighten me? Is it just this hunting instinct thing? I go fishing (carp etc) but I put everything I catch back alive...

And I do not understand the argument that "it is an amendment to the constitution so I have the right therefore I will get a gun". Doesn't make sense to me.