Happy 6th Birthday UT!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Teh Demo made Unreal Tournament a must buy.
I still remember the amazed almost magical feeling i had playing it for the first time.
And thanks to UT i met all the nice guys (and gal) in Respawn Inc.
Thanks alot Epic and DE :tup:

Heres to UT2007 :cheers: :D

milb

****** from Teen Arts
Feb 12, 2004
Germany
www.milb-maps.net
Can't believe it's already six years old. Yeah UT is still a masterpiece. I bought on the releasedate, two dates later a freind gave me q3a, those two are still the best MP-Shotters ever!
I play UT nearly everyday and the UED2.0 runs really everyday!

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
raziel31 said:
Anyway, i am married ( not to a cow but a woman )...
[caboose]I'm not going to get married. My dad always said "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"[/caboose]

Oh, and HBD to ut.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Ticklemonster said:
lol it's not like we planned ahead of time.

"Quick, get a screenhot!!"

"no wait, my hair'th not thweet wooking!!!"

"oh thtop it!!"

:silly slaps: "you brute!!"

Ah, no, we took a shot on the run, didn't have time to pretty it up. sorry the UT textures are substandard, too. And teh statue of Xan in there pretty much ruins it, too. It's a wonder you can tell it's even a map from an Epic game, huh?

:rolleyes:
Xan still kicks your ass, Tick.

raziel31

Nov 25, 2003
South F.
Visit site
Agent_5 said:
[caboose]I'm not going to get married. My dad always said "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"[/caboose]

Yeah, we have the same words in french ;) ...but it can be cool to be married, trust me on that one...

UT2007 will owns !...

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well, thing is times have changed and the bar for UT mapping has raised. There are so many beautiful maps, why select such an oldtimer of a ...=)

I'm not making a big fuss around this =) It could've been a lot better, that's all.

BlackDragon323

Free Citizen of the World
Apr 16, 2003
Silverlake,CA (Los Angeles)
Visit site
too many birthday wishes for me to read thru so I'll just add my own:

YAY! happy bday UT!

UT was my 1st computer FPS...as well as my 1st FPS online! (I've been a console gamer all my life..shame, I know)

I got several friends hooked (like crack!) on UT when I first "discovered" it for myself back in 2000. I had also tried Q3 at the same time, but it was clear to me which was the better game/series.
;) :lol: :eek:

We still continue to have tons of fun with UT2k4 (my friend is getting a computer soon just so he can play UT2k4!), and we're all looking forward to UT2k7 next year.

the...wait..is...killing...me...must..have..demo....

Anyways, the UT series has quite clearly been the best FPS series and will continue to do so. Log in on a Friday/Saturday night with the O.G. U.T. and you'll STILL find more people playing that than Q3.

UnrealProjects

"Your Hired!"
Apr 10, 2004
www.lawdogs-mod.com
This is where it all started for me..........can't believe its been quite a bit of years now......sadly, I don't use it to develop with it anymore.....I always gotta be up to date with the latest. In this case am working with HL2 Source now and am waiting for the newer UnrealEngine releases next year.

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
6 years... damn. This game's that old but still good :eek:

I remember when I first got UT. My uncle sent it to me. It collected dust on a shelf for quite some time.

Then one fateful day in 2001 :)o) I cracked open the box, installed it (on an old AMD K6/2 system with a Rage 128) and I was hooked! :eek:

Too bad my friends didn't catch on to it... was 2003 when I managed to find someone who enjoyed it too :)

I quite liked UT2003, to be honest. I think I had the most fun playing UT2003, as a matter of fact. (FragBU 4tw!!!! :D)

Ticklemonster

Sep 3, 2002
qsl.net
NeoNite said:
Well, thing is times have changed and the bar for UT mapping has raised. There are so many beautiful maps, why select such an oldtimer of a ...=)

I'm not making a big fuss around this =) It could've been a lot better, that's all.
lol that's a 2k4 conversion I did, so it's not THAT old. That's 1v1 joust for ut.

Ticklemonster

Sep 3, 2002
qsl.net
Woo hoo, good stuff, Dink! Then on to 6th grade! Been a long 8 years since first grade hasn't it?

har har. (done spammin' the birthday party thread, take it easy DP)