Server side options (read plz)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Talman

eh?
Sep 23, 2001
Blighty
Okay, heres a couple of ideas:

1) Many of you probably remember back in the days or pre-2.85.5 with the online invisibility bug. I know this was fixed, making players for the most part visible when playing online. However it comes at a steep performance hit! (this is for those of you who hadn't noticed :rolleyes: ) hence the pretty bad pings...

Is it possible to make the online player detection thing a server side option?
If possible, the admin could decide whether they want a fairer+laggy server or a not quite so fair but faster server
I guess this ones going out to beppo to see if this is possible, because hey the invisibility bug was never an issue on some maps

2) The other though is to PLEASE bring back the player speed slider option so the host/server can decide whether they want current run'n'gun game or to slow it down to like 65%-75%player speed just like in 2.75 (believe me, does wonders for teamwork and slowing the game down...literally :cool: )

yeah?...i mean..come on... :p

(oh, and incase any of you think "hey whos this n00bie tellin us what to do with this mod?!?!, ive been around for quite a while (early 2.xx , i just dont post much :D )

-Talman

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
</sarcasm>Well they can turn off player visibility to play in a raw dark environnement, to have a faster server too.. </sarcasm>

Talman

eh?
Sep 23, 2001
Blighty
what? on the web based admin thingy? i never could get that to work :p, but im talkin about on the Server Config button in the game...

if its already there, then i'll admit im a moron, if not then where would i find this wonderful option?

But yeah, the Second idea still :)

-Talman

Last edited:

Talman

eh?
Sep 23, 2001
Blighty
ba' humbug to you too :rolleyes:

(maybe better then 2.85.5 when the invisiblity bug was first fixed, but unlikely better than before that)