Q3 Model into UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TanGenT

Dec 17, 2000
Visit site
Uhhh.....

You can't just import the model into UT. Every model has to have some script written for it. You would have to ask someone who knows or go to a model web site. I have no idea, I'm a mapper....
They need to have a mapping section and a skin/modeling section....
Besides... you would probably need the creator of the model's permission to import it.

quitgrin1

Demon Like
Jul 31, 2000
Nowhere
www.geocities.com
I dont know how to import Q3 models to UT but maybe the dude from this site: http://www.unrealitalia.com/x3m does.

He already has imported the "Visor" and "Crash" models into UT. By the way those Q3 models rock ass :) . Hope the "Doom" player model he intends to convert to UT comes soon this week. Yeah!

Well I hope that helped. Ask the guy over at that site I just mentioned and see if he can help you.

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
It is quite difficult to convert the models. If it can be called converting. It's rather re-creating, because you have to get back to the "appearance stage" of the model creating process and start turning it into a Tournament model. It is done by converting the model (preferably 3ds or Milkshape format) into a .3d and .a3d (for anims) file and then do the scripting part (hard).