UT3 DM-LTC_Shipment Beta 1 (Download, Pics)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LtClifff

Feb 26, 2008
DM-LTC_Shipment (PC and PS3 final)

Name: DM-Shipment
Version: 1.0
Compatibility: PC, PS3

Description: My third map altogether, I decided to make this for it's simple layout and small size as I am still learning the editor. Now it is finished I think it was definately worth the effort and I hope you agree. The map is best played 3v3 and is good fun when played with the realistic weapons mod.

Comments: After IW Corp had finished with this arena they sold it to UTC for a considerable amount of money... It Was worth it!

Screenshot:
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=MyMap3Pic.a71.jpg
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=MyMap3Pic(1).e7e.jpg

Credits: Me, Infinity Ward, Epic games, tutorial makers, beta testers
Homepage: NA

Download:
PC: http://files.filefront.com/DM+LTC+Shipmentzip/;9989172;/fileinfo.html
PS3: http://files.filefront.com/DM+ShipmentPS3zip/;9989174;/fileinfo.html

Enjoy! I welcome any feedback

Last edited:

LtClifff

Feb 26, 2008
Actually it was Infinity Ward, but yeah i should put them in credits, ill do that now.
I have had a lot of people saying filefront so i guess ill host it there!

LtClifff

Feb 26, 2008
Hello all, I have now updated to beta 2 and created a version for PS3.
Changes include:
Adding Music
Improving physics of certain objects

enjoy!

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
1. add blocking volumes, it really ruins the illusion when your spectator camera can fly out of the arena and see an abysmal pit.

2. add more weapons and ammo. I enjoy the flack cannon, not so much the stinger, but a rocket launcher would have been nice, and same goes for link gun and shock rifle (i don't care for the bio gun). But having only two weapons causes several problems. Primarily, the spawns become massive congestion points for bots, this makes it very intimidating if you only have an enforcer and 5 bots are fighting over the flak canon spawn.

3. Give reason for the bots to go through the center, as far as I am conscerned there was no reason beyond checking for weapons or ammo (both absent).

4. Replace the invulnerability with something else. Firstly because the powerup takes to long to spawn and will only anoy players when they see that, yet again, the powerup isn't there yet or was just used. Also, having and invulnerable bot on such a small map holds its own problems with flow and balance. Try replacing it with Udamage.

5. Turn off unnecesary collision. Getting stuck on pathetic little piles of debre, that I had barely noticed before getting stuck, is annoying. Turn of the player collision, however keep the collision with weapons active or yet again it will blow the believability.

Comment: The theme is well pulled off and has a good Unreal Tournament 3 style. It looks wonderfull, and to be honest I cant think of what more to do with it. Maybe mess around with some of the world property saturation and such, it might be cool with super contrast black and white, who knows?

Oh yeah! Add an image so that I can tell what the map is when I'm searching through the maps in my list, and maybe layer the height fog. For a tutorial on how to have the search image and such, go to www.hourences.com and check out his tutorial on final touches.

Thanks for the hard work, and keep at it!

LtClifff

Feb 26, 2008
Wow thanks for the help, it is the only i have had so far.

1. I will definately add blocking volumes, that was something i completely overlooked.

2.The reason there are two weapons is the fact that it is such a small map, Plus that is normaly countered becuase there are almost always some lying on the floor. I doubt i will change the weaps though becuase i have gon through i think... 30 combinations of weapons. with different layouts and numbers, this definately works the best.

3.There is reason to go through the centre, the berserk powerup, i may add health vials though, one reason i did not is becuase i wanted to keep the play style the same as it is in cod4, with lots of fighting around the edges and only the odd player running to the middle, with thick fighting breaking out around the open crate only sometimes (becuase of the berserk pickup)

4. It isn't invulnerability, it's berserk. Like i said, i have toyed around with about thirty different layouts and this works the best. The game plays best 3v3 TDM or Duel.

5.Will do, personally don't notice that kind of stuff, but i can see it would annoy some.

Haha super contrast black and white! I like it. won't do it though lol.

By the way, the level has heightfog. I'll try to make a preview image but i do not know how to import stuff. However I am willing to go the extra mile with this map so ill do my best!

Thanks for the help, it is really aprreciated!

Ps: are you playing on PS3 or PC?

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
I'm using a PC, which is why I was able to explore the map in more detail using the editor.

My fault in calling the berserk powerup the invulnerability. My first game was too short to see it spawn.

Also I am aware of that you have height fog, but what I am saying is that you may want to gradually layer it, one height fog after another to create a sense of weight, you know, heavy fog near the feet, and lighter up towards the top. The difficulty is in layering it propery so you have blend and no solid transition lines.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Lol. Shipment is a joke. Nice remake nonetheless. I'd use the same theme and make a decent layout out of this.

Grogan

If you want it to be authentic, there's at least one piece of debris that you get caught on in the COD 4 map. There's a piece of metal between the shipping crates that players get hung up on and in that split second get killed. You've got the piece of metal in the right spot, but it's not sticky.

Great job on this map, I played it addictively last night when I should have gone to bed. I play Instagib mostly, and this map is a nice splatterfest.

LtClifff

Feb 26, 2008
Woah thanks guys, i have had loads of great feedback on this map!!! I wont add the spot you get caught on though as that is just something that will annoy people later on, i will pootle around with the heightfog and by the way Kantham I am working on a SE of this map which will open up areas outside of the crates. At the momennt I am finishing this but when its done i wll set to work on the SE in earnest!

Anyone who knows how. How do you import something
Eg:

Import the screenshot into your map package. Do not use a separate package for this.
- Start UnrealEd.
- Open your unpublished map file.
- Import the screenshot texture into your map, specify Package = <mapname> eg. "DM-Mymap", and Group = "MapPic", and Name = "map-pic-<mapname>" eg. "map-pic-dm-mymap".

How do you do this?

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Needs more weapons, health, and armor. Perhaps in some of the corners, and there definitely should be something at the center cross.

Also, the scale is waaaay off. After playing CoD4 a ton this week, jumping back to UT's midget scale seems ridiculous! If ever proof was needed that UT3 is still on UT2004's scale, this map is it!

LtClifff

Feb 26, 2008
The scale is the same in the two maps, playerspeed is different, so are the weapons. I agree that Ut3 is more confined than cod4 as a whole but i have checked in multiple ways whether these are the same size.

My logic was how much higher than you the crates are in both games and how long it takes to run from one side of the map to the other (in cod4 i was sprinting all the way to make up for speed difference).

Anyway, i have had a few requests for more health and armor so i think I will probably add some healthvials in the cross in the middle, or possibly thighpads.

Last edited:

LtClifff

Feb 26, 2008
The map has been updated to BETA 3 People!!!

Changes include:
Better heightfog
more small details
flack cannon moved to centre crossroads part
Link gun replace where old flack cannon was.
more ammo pickups
pickup lights added
altered background
different sky

Links on main Page!!!

Grogan

That's way too foggy, I can hardly see players unless I'm right up close. I don't like that one bit, it's not supposed to be that way. The COD 4 map hasn't got much fogging.

Map deleted... I'm not going to play it like that at all. (I wish I didn't overwrite the old one). Sorry, I like the other changes you made, but I just can't get past that. It totally ruins it for me.