help on new map idea

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

combitz

Common sense is not that common
May 1, 2000
U.K
combitz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
I'm trying to create a cool foggy swamp area but its not as easy as I thought. I've played around with TerraEdit but its cutting holes, not pools, or if I intersect it first it cuts a hole area out with holes. Any ideas where I'm going wrong please?

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
terraedit brushes cant be too complex, or they will create bsp errors like you've gotten. you can try and make many small portions and piece it together like that.

bullet2.gif

Jenkins http://www.unreality.org/nukefus

My Cast:
terra.gif
locke_2.gif
celes_2.gif

edgar_2.gif
umaro_2.gif
cyan_2.gif

sabin_2.gif
shadow_2.gif
interceptor.gif

strago_2.gif
relm_2.gif
gogo_2.gif

mog_2.gif
setzer_2.gif
gau_2.gif

cactrot.gif
atmaweapon.gif
ghost.gif

Dark_Outlaw lPuFl

May 16, 2000
Raleigh, NC
1st recommendation...sounds like you are going to get really complex (whether ya know it or not)...so the first thing to do would LOSE TERRAEDIT. it's a great program and i use it time to time, but polys are atrocious in a big map and you get LOTS of bsp holes if ya don't watch out.

2nd- learn to use the floor lofter (unless ya have $3000 to lay down For 3D Studio Max...which is what Epic ended up using)).

use the floor lofter. outside levels are the toughest. Think about how many outdoor UT levels you see, think about how bleak they are. its always an issue of polys.

good luck